Wilshere Interest......

The thing is, everyone else must be worried about Wilshere's fitness or he wouldn't still be out of a job. What's the worst that could happen if we were to offer him PAYP terms? He says no?  So we're no worse off than we are now.  He says yes, and we have (probably only briefly because he's only 29) a midfielder who at his best is pure magic. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Because we’re creating fookall and never replaced Murphy. Harris lacks end-product. Reach is not the force he was a couple of years ago. Kachunga is a second-striker and the goals dried up for him years ago. Odubajo is limited going forward, and Penney hasn’t established himself in the first team. We need quality in wide areas.

Harris lacks end product from the left. We don’t yet know about his end product from the right.

Reach has hardly played winger all year, and his delivery from wide left is superb.

Kachunga is not a second striker. He was a winger almost all season for Huddersfield.

I agree Moses and Penney are questionable, but as cover for the 3 main wingers they are more than adequate.

Part of our financial mess is due to having too many players for too few shirts. I hope we don’t do the same with wingers. 

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Harris lacks end product from the left. We don’t yet know about his end product from the right.

Reach has hardly played winger all year, and his delivery from wide left is superb.

Kachunga is not a second striker. He was a winger almost all season for Huddersfield.

I agree Moses and Penney are questionable, but as cover for the 3 main wingers they are more than adequate.

Part of our financial mess is due to having too many players for too few shirts. I hope we don’t do the same with wingers. 

If you don’t replace important players that leave, you pay the price. Fletcher & Murphy were not replaced. 

People may have their opinions on Kachunga, but when asked he sees himself as a striker. Harris has lacked end-product throughout his career. I like him, but we can’t rely on his output.

Not enough variety amongst our strikers. Windass, Kachunga, and Marriott are much of a muchness, and we may not see the latter again. 

3 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I can't in a million years see there being any substance to this but fans turning their nose up at Jack Wilshere and Mario Balotelli really?

Exactly !!! It’s the same fans that said get Forestieri out of my club to replace him

with the Sunday morning shower we have now. 

• Like 1

I'd take them on the right contract and modest wages. If we got them motivated and firing properly they would be worth a fortune. Pulis wouldn't stand any messing about from them

Big wages, no thanks, I'd rather have proven players at this level if we are paying good money.

In reality we need to be looking for special siuation players we can pick up for low fees or free like Loovens, Westwood, Lees, etc. When we first got in the Chamionship we started picking up some class players for not a lot of money. It takes time to build a team that way and when DC came in we just splashed the cash but for a long while those free players were the backbone of the team.

You need contacts to find those players, Bruce had them, Pulis probably does, do the fans have the patience to wait to build a team that way.

• Like 1

I understand the desire to see quality players here but it’s alright saying offer someone like Wilshire Pay as You Play but what will get us out of the crap is building a team. 
There isn’t any point having someone that injury prone here other than as a kind of ‘super sub’ (which I can’t see he would go for) otherwise the disruption would be a nightmare as we try to build a settled side. 
I can just imagine the number of games where he would be off after 20 mins and then Pelupessy has to go on to replace him. 
Rather try to improve the players we have here already and spend what little we have on a striker.

Just for the record though. Bring on Balotelli. Worth the chaos just for the entertainment.

I wonder what he would have done if subject to the attention of Fisher as Paterson was!

If I was Jack Wilshere - who is probably a multi millionaire by the way -  the I certainly wouldn't want to be considering getting the bejesus kicked out of me in the Championship or losing every week at the likes of Fulham or West Brom.

I would be looking at some of the nicest places in Europe , and getting my agent to set up a trial there. I would take whatever wages were on offer , after all I'm a multimillionaire from 10 years of decent contracts and endorsements. 

Yep, I'd be looking at the Spanish Segunda Division, Italy Serie B, France Ligue 2 ..maybe even Greece.  MLS not a bad shout but probably a bit far for Jack Wilshere. 

A bit of a sun, a nice villa, and a gentle pace of football where I can show of the skill I've always had instead of tearing round the pitch waiting for my ankle to give way. 

• Like 1

If Wilshere could stay fit he'd still be class in the Premier League, nevermind the Championship. 

Problem is he's proven for the past 5 years or so he can't stay fit. 

Only teams that would take a chance on him are either in the US, China or the UAE to raise their profile. Only other way is pay-as-you-play, and who was the last player on that type of contract. 

Gutted for him personally because I like him as a player, and think he would be a regular for England if he wasn't made of rice paper. 

23 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Perhaps we could give him lots of money and his own treatment table?? 😂😂     No Thanks👎

WILSHERE INTEREST

Make of this what you will. Rumours on Twitter claim that Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham United are among the clubs chasing former West Ham midfielder Jack Wilshere.

He is currently a free agent having left the Hammers earlier this year. There are also reports he could go to the MLS.

Us or sunny florida. Decisions, decisions.