Preston NE - V - Wednesday omdt

Well said @Lord Snooty

I hope we get off to a decent start but I'm not expecting a sudden change round.

It takes quite a long period of patient work to change the culture of any organisation.

Carlos changed it one way for good and ill, no one since has had time to change it to something else.

I suspect the longer serving players have been playing in a bit of a fog of constantly changing ideas and that can't have helped the new ones coming in.

So whatever happens this afternoon UTO and welcome TP, may you have a chance to build and be successful with us.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Had a dream last night we were at a play off final and took an early lead after a three headers were cleared off the line, Matt Penney finally bundled it home. 

Take from that what you will.

That's what happens when you eat a heavy meal late at night !

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

1-0 Preston.

Got the hallmarks of one of the worst games of football ever witnessed.

Nah - I've seen all the worst games of football ever witnessed. They occurred in the 1970s and were against Watford, also against Shrewsbury and also against Oxford United.

"I have supped full with horrors.

Direness, familiar to my slaughterous thoughts,

Cannot once rouse me."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the first day of our future success. It may not seem so but this could be the turning point. We might lose, we probably will but mark this day, this is the start of better things.

How's that sound for the start of a rousing speech? OK don't all cheer at once, it wouldn't do to get too giddy.lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting and reflective OP, Snoots. I think you're right - and if anyone knows more about football management and tactics than me, then they are anybody else in the universe apart from me. Seriously. I've been watching and (formerly) trying to play it for decades and it's as baffling to me now as it was the first time I saw a football. I've come to the conclusion the whole thing is a con perpetrated on me by a conspiracy that involves everyone. It's just 22 idiots @rsing around but I want the Wednesday ones to score more than the other ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Full Sheffield Wednesday squad to face Preston: 

Keiren Westwood, Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Tom Lees, Joost van Aken, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Moses Odubajo, Matt Penney, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Massimo Luongo, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My hope is that he gets us to play with some intelligence.

Fed up with watching players make poor decisions, shoot when they should pass and vice versa, give stupid fouls away, pick up ridiculous cards, get on the wrong side of the ref from the start and basically playing like school kids.

Be strong, be competitive but 

use your brain , stop being naive.

• Like 3
  • Love 1