Lucas Joao

Something has clearly clicked for him there - last season he hit 6 in 19 for them, a similar rate to his 10 in 32 for us the season before. Of course, Reading have changed their manager since then (and while it might be a bit galling to see a former player of ours banging them in for another team, at least we got a bit of money for him, and if we do have a sell-on clause, so much the better, and personally I find it no less galling to see a team who were really average last season suddenly flying high at the top of the table after employing a bloke whose only club job to date was a 4-year stint at Chicago Fire with a 32% win record and whose sole major achievement as a manager was Serbia's 2015 U20 World Cup win.)

• Love 1

Can assure you I did. 
Top player and I think will move for big money. 
Suited to their style and looks a real handful. 
Reading are cocky two hats and I’m glad Coventry turned them over but they will walk that league from what I’ve seen. 
Good to see Lucas doing well. 

Circumstances dictated a sale which we needed to make at the time. But, I and all my mates rated him and thought he was unlucky here given the amount of strikers at the club. His mental application let him down but he has all the attributes to play in the premier league, without question. Now we’ve got Paterson, Rhodes, Marriott, Kachunga and Windass. Enjoy folks! 

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

No surprise he is doing well, the boy showed he had talent, but he was inconsistent, but with given game time he is showing his potential.

I remember Jos playing him on the left wing. I'm glad those days are over....

Monkmanface

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Not good enough they cry

Inconsistant I think you will see often said and often injured. Whether that be down to our training ground or methods, or tactics and supply, who knows.

However - and this is easy for me to state now - I personally always thought he was a decent talent. Well done to him so far. Can't and won't knock him. 

42 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Got over £7 million for him and have a 20% sell on clause. 

Kerching!

Yes may be so but it’s no good if we go down is it !!! 
like Antonio we let talent go it’s because we have stubborn managers that think they are above it all and can’t man manage the best players same old story with Wednesday over last few years 

20 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Showed flashes of brilliance but £7m + alleged 20% sell on clause was decent business based on his time here... the kind of business we should’ve been doing when bids came in for Reach, Forestieri, etc

7m over 4 years.

sold on the cheap (In today’s market) & not replaced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

How we can slate the club for not selling players and then moan when a player we  managed to get a decent fee for scores the odd goal is beyond me.  It was a good deal at the time based on his performances for us.  Surely that’s end of story?

Won’t be the end of his story. Think he’ll go a long way.