Lucas Joao

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

End of discussion because that's the worst example of rose tinted glasses i've seen in a long time 

There were games he should have been sat at the side of me and he would have had as big an effect on the game as he did being on the pitch . Totally disinterested at times

You must be getting mixed up someone else then.  Make an appointment with an optician

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Striker scores goals in team creating chances. It's not a huge surprise. We are creating absolutely nothing. 

We got great money for him. He did nothing in a poor team last year,  he's doing well in a good team this year.

Forget about him. 

He scored 7 in 20 appearances last season, not all of them were starts. I'd snap your hands off for a 1 in 3 striker now!

He scored 26 league goals in 113 games for us, but only 57 of those appearances were starts. He goals per minutes ratio has always been decent at this level, regardless of the quality of the team. 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

End of discussion because that's the worst example of rose tinted glasses i've seen in a long time 

There were games he should have been sat at the side of me and he would have had as big an effect on the game as he did being on the pitch . Totally disinterested at times

He was often dropped even when he did have a good game. Why should he give a poo?

He was terribly managed here most of the time. 

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Funny thing is we now have a manager who probably would’ve got the best out of him having had success with similar players in the past:

When you think of players like Joao you'd think that Pulis would hate them but you're right. Pulis managed Ricardo Fuller brilliantly, he was a match winner for Stoke so many times.

Very good player, Joao. Always knew he had all the attributes to be a top Champ player and who could play in the premier league. Only his mental application let him down which was his downfall. 

But we had too many strikers at the club which is never healthy. Joao was never managed correctly either, often been played out of position or been dropped regularly.