Lucas Joao

Predictable   "...I said we should never have sold him"  brigade now he's on a scoring run.

We needed the money remember, thanks to our chairman's hopeless struggle with P&S.

We just haven't been able to get players fit properly or organise teams to play a style to benefit players like LJ.

Most were glad of the money at the time including me.

Just another example of the turd that Pulis needs to try and polish!

Three points today please lads!!! 

UTO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Predictable   "...I said we should never have sold him"  brigade now he's on a scoring run.

We needed the money remember, thanks to our chairman's hopeless struggle with P&S.

We just haven't been able to get players fit properly or organise teams to play a style to benefit players like LJ.

Most were glad of the money at the time including me.

Just another example of the turd that Pulis needs to try and polish!

Three points today please lads!!! 

UTO

Worked out well

Guest LondonOwl313
19 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Just saying 

12 goals now this season

Massive mess-up selling him.  Worth a ruck load more than the £5 million now.

Good.. hope a prem team comes in with £25m for him and we get a big slice of it. He wouldn’t have reached that level here 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Good.. hope a prem team comes in with £25m for him and we get a big slice of it. He wouldn’t have reached that level here 

Have we actually put in a sell on clause?

Historically we don’t 

But yes Fulham are one of the teams looking at him and the price will surely be up to £20m given his form and Reading’s position in the league 

14 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The biggest surprise about Joao is not that he’s a good player but that he’s starting every game, every 3 days.  

Definitely something Wednesday are doing wrong as Pulis hinted at yesterday 

Thats we should have done with him.  The more he played the better he got, but we dropped him after every couple of games.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Have we actually put in a sell on clause?

Historically we don’t 

But yes Fulham are one of the teams looking at him and the price will surely be up to £20m given his form and Reading’s position in the league 

I always assumed the fee was more like £4-5m plus add ons which you’d assume might include a sell on clause and promotion bonus rather than the £7m people were saying it was 

Lucas Joao...

image.png.406e74f2f4e4e568d3819e07001a14a4.png

You go to the debutants ball.

You see nothing there you like.

But something catches your eye.

The serving girls.

You think "ooh, hello". 

A wry smile. There's potential here. You see a bit of ankle.

Hmmmm. Nice.

Of course you get married. Get her home. 

But she isn't used to working in this society. Moving in these circles.

This is a huge established family. There are standards and expectations that can wear hard against the young.

And she's an absolute sack of spuds between the sheets. Forever got a headache. 

Yes, there's the occasional, almost involuntary thrust back of the hips that make you think it might be worth persevering with.

But in the main they are fleeting moments. 

So you let her go.

The next year you are in the town and hear about the new ***** in the tavern.

All the men are talking about her. You think, "aye aye, I might have to give this one a twirl myself."

You pop your eye to the grubby window to see exactly who is this woman that the men folk say "F*cks like a beast"

And there you see her, in her element. The ex. 

Huh, you think. Never did it for me.

But it's a different setting.  

A different backdrop.

People have to find somewhere they are comfortable. 

A home they are at ease in.

For some the little tavern with no rules is easier to relax in than the Manor and it's historical and societal expectations.

The End

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats we should have done with him.  The more he played the better he got, but we dropped him after every couple of games.

I shouldn't imagine we've started with the same line up in successive matches many times since CC was manager.

38 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

But in the many many many games where he didn't get better and better he was a liability and we didn't have a strong enough team to carry the passenger he was in those games 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Lucas Joao...

image.png.406e74f2f4e4e568d3819e07001a14a4.png

You go to the debutants ball.

You see nothing there you like.

But something catches your eye.

The serving girls.

You think "ooh, hello". 

A wry smile. There's potential here. You see a bit of ankle.

Hmmmm. Nice.

Of course you get married. Get her home. 

But she isn't used to working in this society. Moving in these circles.

This is a huge established family. There are standards and expectations that can wear hard against the young.

And she's an absolute sack of spuds between the sheets. Forever got a headache. 

Yes, there's the occasional, almost involuntary thrust back of the hips that make you think it might be worth persevering with.

But in the main they are fleeting moments. 

So you let her go.

The next year you are in the town and hear about the new ***** in the tavern.

All the men are talking about her. You think, "aye aye, I might have to give this one a twirl myself."

You pop your eye to the grubby window to see exactly who is this woman that the men folk say "F*cks like a beast"

And there you see her, in her element. The ex. 

Huh, you think. Never did it for me.

But it's a different setting.  

A different backdrop.

People have to find somewhere they are comfortable. 

A home they are at ease in.

For some the little tavern with no rules is easier to relax in than the Manor and it's historical and societal expectations.

The End

Sheffield Wednesday aren't too big for any player. Mismanagement is the problem. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hardly ever had a poor game was always involved and when he was used in a line up with three up front he thrived

End of discussion because that's the worst example of rose tinted glasses i've seen in a long time 

There were games he should have been sat at the side of me and he would have had as big an effect on the game as he did being on the pitch . Totally disinterested at times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hardly ever had a poor game was always involved and when he was used in a line up with three up front he thrived

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

End of discussion because that's the worst example of rose tinted glasses i've seen in a long time 

There were games he should have been sat at the side of me and he would have had as big an effect on the game as he did being on the pitch . Totally disinterested at times

It was clear he was very talented. Always seemed to be the scapegoat. You could say what you said about all our forwards for the last couple of years. I had time for Fletcher but his walk on walk off part has ruined his reputation for me - that and his bleating when the you're not fit to wear the shirt chant went up.