Lucas Joao

At some point we have to wonder why players that score elsewhere don't for us when we sign them and vice versa. At this point I'm willing to believe in Gypsy curses. I always thought our negative home crowd was the reason for the poor home form and inability to score goals but it turns out we still can't score even without the fans

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Must be great to play with players who can actually pass and move There’s a novelty 

Let’s remember It was last season we sold him. We needed the money and he was sometimes brilliant and sometimes lazy. He still had potential but was inconsistent and Fletcher was doing the business. Then we had no back up, or player’s that weren’t suitable. I was at Reading the opening game last season and the team played well. I think the manager was unfortunate with what he had available but my goodness since then he has played good players out of position nearly every game. This season at the beginning I was hoping and was with him but the last four or five games I cannot understand what he is doing. I understand that we have injuries etc. But please let us play players in their professional positions. I will always support Sheffield Wednesday as will my son and his family. My vote for manager to replace Garry Monk is definitely the one and only Lord Snooty. But because I think he’s sensible then maybe he’ll not apply. For this season I would like Mr Gray or and I know this is going to go down like a lead balloon Sam Allardyce. Okay goodnight. Wednesday till I die.

2 minutes ago, Southsea Owl said:

Let’s remember It was last season we sold him. We needed the money and he was sometimes brilliant and sometimes lazy. He still had potential but was inconsistent and Fletcher was doing the business. Then we had no back up, or player’s that weren’t suitable. I was at Reading the opening game last season and the team played well. I think the manager was unfortunate with what he had available but my goodness since then he has played good players out of position nearly every game. This season at the beginning I was hoping and was with him but the last four or five games I cannot understand what he is doing. I understand that we have injuries etc. But please let us play players in their professional positions. I will always support Sheffield Wednesday as will my son and his family. My vote for manager to replace Garry Monk is definitely the one and only Lord Snooty. But because I think he’s sensible then maybe he’ll not apply. For this season I would like Mr Gray or and I know this is going to go down like a lead balloon Sam Allardyce. Okay goodnight. Wednesday till I die.

I really don’t understand why the manager has decided to take us backwards We did play well in that Reading game and it was good to see Lucas sign off with a goal 

I didn’t have an issue with us taking the money, I’d rather have kept him, but needs must and we got an OK price In that game, Bullen had changed from Bruce’s 4-4-2, and set us up in a 4-2-3-1 system For me anyway, it seemed to suit us and I think we should have persisted with it When Monk took over, he rightly changed nothing while he took stock, and we continued to prosper Sure, our 3rd place was slightly overachieving, but having found ourselves in that position at Christmas, we should have used the January window to fine tune the squad Instead, Monk decided to rip things apart, with bizarre team selections and an over cautious approach to games In short, he lost control. Watching the game tonight, Joao, or Reading weren’t at their best, but it was a good contest with both sides trying to play football All a far cry from the dismal turgid way that Monk has us playing. I cannot believe that we play this way in 2020, or that some of our fans think it’s Ok to play this way

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

At some point we have to wonder why players that score elsewhere don't for us when we sign them and vice versa. At this point I'm willing to believe in Gypsy curses. I always thought our negative home crowd was the reason for the poor home form and inability to score goals but it turns out we still can't score even without the fans

Now you're talking. 

The curse. It's a thing and we need to reverse it. 

Prime example of coaching staff not recognising his strengths and not coaching or creating a position with the balance required in the team to bring out the best in him. 

I always knew he had massive potential. But put is inconsistent performances down to his attitude. 

When all along its just the coach and manager don't see skill and goal scoring prowess after 5 years at the club. 

Damming verdict and impossible to argue against 

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I remember a tv interview after a televised game where joao started and scored. Can't remember the manager but they commented on how they kept having to remind joao to do his defensive duties. I thought then wtf. He just needs to make the opposition defend him. What a ******** up

And ironically, he was always our best defender on opposition corners and set pieces

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

And ironically, he was always our best defender on opposition corners and set pieces

Correct. All the dross we have. All the wasted talent. Whether 1st team, juniors or anyone. The best talent only shows away from the club. They either forced out or sold. We get left with players not fit to clean talent like joao boots 

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

I think with Joao the penny may just have dropped. He's always had it in his locker, I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't think he's got the ability. Said it before, if you put Nuhiu or Hooper's brain in Joao's body then you have a Premier League player.

He always played better with those two, and Forestieri also. Seemed to struggle with Fletcher and Rhodes though, and I can’t remember him playing much with Winnall. He’s a player who thrives on give and go, and balls into feet.How many times did he receive the ball, lay it off, turn sharply and then not get the return.