Rotherham - V - Wednesday OMDT

Guest Mcguigan

I think, at some point, Derby and Forest will get their act together and start putting enough points on the board to pull clear of the bottom 6.

Makes tonight's game even more important as we don't need any club, who we expected to fighting relegation, gaining points at our expense.

Edited by Mcguigan

I know there’s no such as a “Must win” game in October, but for me, these next 2 games are exactly that. We are 9 points adrift of safety, these next two games are against clubs in the bottom 6 - Forest and Derby are not going to be down there come May. So these are 2 of our rivals for relegation. If we can’t get 6 points out of these 2 then just where are we going to make up the deficit? Got to go for it. No good doing a Carlos and trying to pinch it in the last 10.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I know there’s no such as a “Must win” game in October, but for me, these next 2 games are exactly that. We are 9 points adrift of safety, these next two games are against clubs in the bottom 6 - Forest and Derby are not going to be down there come May. So these are 2 of our rivals for relegation. If we can’t get 6 points out of these 2 then just where are we going to make up the deficit? Got to go for it. No good doing a Carlos and trying to pinch it in the last 10.

Three points gained now are better in the bag that scrapping around later in the season. There will be an added demoralising effect on an already mentally weak squad if other teams disappear over the horizon.

• Thanks 1

Well, while Wednesday fail to entertain, these OMDTs more than make up for it, Snoots!

But of gloom and doom around the team after that poo we pulled off against a spirited Luton, who are flying high in the league compared to predictions... so what now, we face a mediocre side and are mediocre ourselves, so it should be a tough, scrappy game. Need to be up for it, need to forget about pi$$ing rain, injuries, etc and just go out there, get the basics right and give it all we got. Same we got to do in every match this season. CC as always showing anyone can beat anyone, and that means we'll lose if we tread lightly and don't pack a punch.

Rest of team should look to Flint for the no nonsense approach. Be a bit hard, stop with the flipping back heel passes that don't connect, be direct about our play, challenge, go for goal, shoot on target, sorry for stating the obvious but bloody get the basics right.

Now COME ON WEDNESDAY, you sorry shits! lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not intentionally seeking to be the harbinger of doom (not Howson 😀) but I'm not looking forward to this one.

After the last two performances, see a decline towards that of last season. We've been deserved losers against a decent Brentfird team and a L1 level Luton team and relegation rival.

Defence has become porous due to injury and bazaar team selection, while at the same time we still can't score goals. In 7 games we've scored 5; 2 from open play, an own goal, a set piece and a penalty. 

If Iorfa, Lees and Brown back, my spirits may rise, otherwise see another defeat and more points gifted to another relegation rival. 

0-0 might stop the rot and run of defeats, but is nowhere near good enough in our circumstances. 

I'll pay my money, support the club, but with rock bottom expectations.

It's hard to make a case for optimism, our ppg now dropped to relegation form, after the points deduction, finishing on around 40 points. 

Ps. I know I'm a miserable bugger, I tried optimism but it's exhausting and ground me down after just 7 games. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

this is it!!!!!    one of the most free flowing, entertaining, high skill level, goal laden games you are ever likely to witness....................will be available miles away from Rovrum v wednesday.

I thought you’d been on the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc mate. Then I read the bit after the ...........

• Haha 1

I thought we did OK against Brentford. We were awful v Luton by all accounts. Unfortunately I see us slipping back into last seasons poor performances which is weird considering we've got rid of the trouble causers and signed quite a few new players. We have new faces in but the same old product out. I don't understand it really. Monk isn't telling em to go out and not work hard. He isn't telling em to not mark up or put challenges in. He isn't telling em to not have any movement off the ball. He isn't telling em to be slow in the transitions or whatever it is we do that's crap. 

At least I hope he isn't. 

Anyway, prediction time. We'll either win or lose or draw. Each of these outcomes won't be good enough for some. 

• Like 1

@rickygoomade a good point in a different thread. 

No sense in playing 3 at the back with only 2 fit CBs. 

You could also add we’ve only got one first pick CM fully fit. Even if Brown is deemed ready that’s still only two fit.

352 tonight means finding a non-CB to play with Flint and Borner.

It also means Bannan + 2. Who on Earth are that “+2”?

If he goes 442 we aren’t scraping such a deep barrel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am one of life’s optimists and will shell out my £10 to watch the game full of hope as usual. 
I used to describe being a Wednesday fan as being a rollercoaster ride, but for a while it’s been more like base jumping where the parachute doesn’t open!

All I hope for really is that we play our wide players on their strongest foot to cross with!

We might at least then see a few chances. 
Seeing players cut inside, run into trouble, pass back to the defensive player to hoof up the middle to no one has actually started to hurt my eyes!

Edited by Prawnsarnieowl
  • Like 2