I'm convinced we are going down

2 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Bruce turned around mismanagement from Jos overnight. It just takes a boss who players want to play for, and who is tactically clued up which Monk is woeful at both.

We have an ok enough squad, one that should be around midtable form. Change the manager now and at least give us a fighting chance to escape this mess. With Monk saturday's result proves that we'd be relegation contenders even without the -12!

Look at Middlesbrough's upturn in form since they brought a proper manager in. Bruce would have got us in the play offs at least last season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Despite what has been, on balance, a good start, only 3 points have been shaved off the deficit when you consider the gap to 21st. 

I would be very surprised if Derby and Forest stay down this end for long. Barnsley could very well pick up under their new manager. You then look at the likes of Brum and QPR, experienced championship outfits who should pick up enough results for mid table.

Unless the points start coming in consistently, the list of teams who are catchable could become very thin, very quickly. Even Wycombe look to be building some confidence with their recent performances FFS.

4 points minimum required from the next 2 games, because November is horrendous, fixture wise.

• Like 1

I thought at the start of the week we needed to pick up at least 7 points. The best we can now get is 6 which let’s be honest, I think most of us think is unlikely?

We are away so all hope is not lost after all our away record reads 6 points from 9. We tend to win at Rotherham and I think the only time we went to Wycombe we also won?

Should he get the sack should we pick up four? He probably will get the benefit of the doubt? 2 points or less, his position is surely untenable?

Personally I think this season is looking like one we’re we’ll win a few, lose a few and probably draw a lot? It won’t be enough to stave off relegation unfortunately and with Monk, you’re always going to get boring, attritional, non-progressive football. The interest from the supporters will eventually dwindle. In fact during these unprecedented times, Monk is probably the worst manager you could have. As well as terrible fare on the pitch, it’s not as if his personality catches the imagination of the fan base. DC has appointed 4 managers in his time here. He was dreadfully unlucky with Bruce but the one manager with personality he appointed is the one he had the most success with.

Managers with personality are the ones who tend to have the most success here.

Should the Chairman ever see sense and sack our current manager, he needs to the go out and get a manager with personality and charisma. A difficult task but a necessary one if he’s ever to fulfill his dream of getting us to the premier league?

11 hours ago, Eastern said:

Communications. We’ve heard nothing from him. Normally Chairman would be more open. But the silence from DC has been noticeable. Or am I missing something?

What are you comparing this with? What were the communications you were receiving prior to this silence? 

10 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Despite what has been, on balance, a good start, only 3 points have been shaved off the deficit when you consider the gap to 21st. 

I would be very surprised if Derby and Forest stay down this end for long. Barnsley could very well pick up under their new manager. You then look at the likes of Brum and QPR, experienced championship outfits who should pick up enough results for mid table.

Unless the points start coming in consistently, the list of teams who are catchable could become very thin, very quickly. Even Wycombe look to be building some confidence with their recent performances FFS.

4 points minimum required from the next 2 games, because November is horrendous, fixture wise.

Spot on pal,if we lose to Rotherham there will be nearly 20 per cent off the season gone and we have made no ground up on staying up..

• Like 1

Under monk have been forced to accept the unacceptable and applaud mediocrity.

The the last time we look anything like was a year ago, shortly after he joined. And I'm not sure he can take the credit for that. 

We will go down if he stays, the writing is on the wall. 

Edited by Beholder

On 24/10/2020 at 21:33, Sticky Micky said:

Brian laws while not perfect was a great manager for this club 

Over achieved with the funds he had

Plus he had the club at heart 

You could generally see that a loss hurt him as much as it hurt the fans 

Monk looks like he couldn't give a flying f##k 

Still getting paid in a job

Gets sack he gets a nice payout 

Brian laws , with what he had is the best manager since relegation . We had no money at all, constantly selling decent players like bougherra for relative pittance , managing to get us a couple of top half finishes and the double over the pigs . 

compare that to the hash of a job the chairman / the chairman’s fellow half wit advisors / Carlos / jos etc etc have managed to achieve throwing millions at it, really does sum up why Sheffield Wednesday are the laughing stock of the football league 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I thought at the start of the week we needed to pick up at least 7 points. The best we can now get is 6 which let’s be honest, I think most of us think is unlikely?

We are away so all hope is not lost after all our away record reads 6 points from 9. We tend to win at Rotherham and I think the only time we went to Wycombe we also won?

Should he get the sack should we pick up four? He probably will get the benefit of the doubt? 2 points or less, his position is surely untenable?

Personally I think this season is looking like one we’re we’ll win a few, lose a few and probably draw a lot? It won’t be enough to stave off relegation unfortunately and with Monk, you’re always going to get boring, attritional, non-progressive football. The interest from the supporters will eventually dwindle. In fact during these unprecedented times, Monk is probably the worst manager you could have. As well as terrible fare on the pitch, it’s not as if his personality catches the imagination of the fan base. DC has appointed 4 managers in his time here. He was dreadfully unlucky with Bruce but the one manager with personality he appointed is the one he had the most success with.

Managers with personality are the ones who tend to have the most success here.

Should the Chairman ever see sense and sack our current manager, he needs to the go out and get a manager with personality and charisma. A difficult task but a necessary one if he’s ever to fulfill his dream of getting us to the premier league?

Personally I dont count losing in the playoffs and a league cup fourth round win against Arsenal reserves success, however I think the "success' we achieved was as much down to the wage bill rising by about 10million in successive years from a number of expensive new players coming in as much as it was down to the managers personality. 

I do agree in general regarding personality though but I dont think it applies just here. When I think of Most managers that have had success they seem to have personality - Klopp, Ranieri, Mourinho, even pep and Bielsa in a different way. Although maybe its just they stand out as I'm sure you could prbably name just as many that dont have personality too. 

On 24/10/2020 at 21:04, Sticky Micky said:

Use the 12 points punishment all you want 

But the form over the last year is good enough to send us down regardless 

Most people know if monk carries on he will send us down 

If we sack monk, does anyone trust DC to get a better replacement 

Our 'TOP SIGNINGS' are Cardiff and Wigan rejects 

Signed a bunch of crocks, one player who passed a medical with a broken leg ffs 

I'm almost certain we will be relegated 

Our manager doesn't care, our chairman doesn't care and with today's **** show the players probley don't care 

And the most heartbreaking thing is 

Us as fans have to sit there and watch our beloved club sinking like a massive turd 

Unfortunately I agree with the above mostly. I don't think that our manager doesn't care. He looks stressed and like he hasn't slept must of the time, but he isn't good enough,

Gap between us and 4th from bottom just isn’t closing enough. I really can’t see this team the way they are currently performing having enough to stay up. That performance against Luton was a disgrace considering the position we are in. We have to hope the injured players, Brown, Iorfa, Luongo and Lees return ASAP and stay fit. These last few games have proved without them we are a very poor side and we don’t have players good enough to step in for them. These next 2 games are massive. We need 6 points to close that gap before it really does start to get away from us. How big does the gap need to be before the players give up? To be fair they looked like they had already given up against Luton.