I'm convinced we are going down

55 minutes ago, vulva said:

Said it before, but Monk reminds me of Dave Jones. He lacks charisma and likeability , and as shallow as it sound, both can buy you results and more importantly time. Brian Laws was in credit with this. 

I don’t think people realise how important this is.

Can you see any of the players taking any motivation from a team talk from this dullard?

A character who is tactically sound would add at least 10 pts onto our season 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Brian laws while not perfect was a great manager for this club 

Over achieved with the funds he had

Plus he had the club at heart 

You could generally see that a loss hurt him as much as it hurt the fans 

Monk looks like he couldn't give a flying f##k 

Still getting paid in a job

Gets sack he gets a nice payout 

How long is Monks contract for?

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

How long is Monks contract for?

I think it’s a rolling contract..if we terminate it we have to give him 12 months pay..but we had the chance in the summer..now hes brought all his mates in it will cost a fortune to get rid

I thought we would be ok before today. But this performance showed nothing has changed from last season.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt on Tuesday as we were made to believe Brentford were the second coming of 1970 Brazil. That same Brentford side lost heavily to bleeding Stoke today. 

He doesn’t know how to set us up. He’s lost the plot tactically. In our last two home games Reach got an assist playing down the left and Harris got an assist playing down the right. So what does he do today? Play them on opposite wings completely nullifying any attacking threat in the first half. 

Aden Flint joining the attack from goal kicks? WTF? Playing with 4 centre halves at home with Pelupessy protecting the back three. 

It’s just so negative, so bizarre and so desperate. We have some decent hard working players here, if we play it simple and don’t over complicate things, we’ll be fine. But Monk seems to think he’s Guardiola and has players playing in places they aren’t comfortable. I mean where was Kachunga playing today? What even was the point of signing Kachunga because he doesn’t seem to fit into this system whatsoever. 

Just so frustrating and boring watching us at the moment and after today I genuinely can’t see us staying up. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I thought we would be ok before today. But this performance showed nothing has changed from last season.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt on Tuesday as we were made to believe Brentford were the second coming of 1970 Brazil. That same Brentford side lost heavily to bleeding Stoke today. 

He doesn’t know how to set us up. He’s lost the plot tactically. In our last two home games Reach got an assist playing down the left and Harris got an assist playing down the right. So what does he do today? Play them on opposite wings completely nullifying any attacking threat in the first half. 

Aden Flint joining the attack from goal kicks? WTF? Playing with 4 centre halves at home with Pelupessy protecting the back three. 

It’s just so negative, so bizarre and so desperate. We have some decent hard working players here, if we play it simple and don’t over complicate things, we’ll be fine. But Monk seems to think he’s Guardiola and has players playing in places they aren’t comfortable. I mean where was Kachunga playing today? What even was the point of signing Kachunga because he doesn’t seem to fit into this system whatsoever. 

Just so frustrating and boring watching us at the moment and after today I genuinely can’t see us staying up. 

Totally agree, it's like this 3-5-2 system, its so blatantly obvious we do not have the players to suit this formation yet week in week out he persists with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sack Monk if you want - it wont' make the blindest bit of difference.

There has to be a consequence for failure in management.

You must have seen it in your own work.

If a boss gets away with being shiybo

everybody stops caring.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

everybody stops caring.

I didnt mean that how it sounds btw lol

Edited by Nero

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

everybody stops caring.

Exactly. After the run of results we’ve had under Monk, the players confidence in him to sort it out will be incredibly low. 

We need a manager who commands respect and can galvanise the squad with a bit of charisma. Monk lacks both of those qualities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The experienced players must be at the end of their tether having to listen to this fool.

The consistent wing backs fiasco

Hunt as defensive midfielder 

Rhodes Windass start great but are dropped soon after

Odebajo marking a 10m striker at a corner.

Reach as striker, Reach as full back

Paterson throw ins

Funky positions 

Etc etc etc etc

Run here lads, now run there, 

Youre out, youre in. Trust me.

Remember last calendar year when we were scraping wins and he used to say the players are gradually starting to play the way i want?

Eventually they did and forgot what Bruce had drilled into them and started listening to this charlatan and we sank like a stone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I’ve thought this for sometime and I know I’ll get slated for it but I just think Monk comes across as a one dimensional, clueless and arrogant and must be an absolute tw@t to play for?

Stories of him falling out with players is common place before he came here but let’s be honest we’ve seen this here as well. The way he questioned Lees’ and FF’s professionalism in public post-lockdown? Odubajo in and out of favour. Rhodes gets a couple of games then sidelined despite not playing to his strengths. Constantly either selecting sub-standard players or playing them out of position. One dimensional tactics that are totally f***ed if we concede first which we invariably do?

If we stick with this 🤡 then not only will be relegated, interest in the club will wane so much that the club will face financial ruin even when fans are allowed back in?

We need a personality, someone who has  a long term vision and style of play that the fans can buy into and get behind. The sooner the better.

Come on, stop sugar coating it, you don't rate him, do you?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Exactly. After the run of results we’ve had under Monk, the players confidence in him to sort it out will be incredibly low. 

We need a manager who commands respect and can galvanise the squad with a bit of charisma. Monk lacks both of those qualities.

That seems to me to be the crux of the matter.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

I could take going down. Honestly. I could take it if we were plucky battlers going hell for leather but just coming up short, lobbing the kitchen sink at this points deduction and leaving everything on the pitch, but ultimately unable to pull off The Great Escape.

What’s much, much harder to get behind is this horrible slow slide into absolute joyless dross though. There’s NOTHING to enjoy on the pitch. It’s a spectator sport that exists solely for entertainment purposes, let’s not forget that - yet for about two years now it’s been like watching paint dry. And not even a nice colour paint.

It’s getting tougher with each passing month to stay properly motivated as a fan. Obviously I will stay, but the last year or so I’ve just felt quietly sad about it all more than anything. Match days I just cross my fingers and hope we can nick another awful game 1-0 with a massive dose of luck, and realistically that’s been the best case scenario for ages now. Christ it’s boring.

I think we will stay up courtesy of other teams going bust and / or being bailed out and being deducted more points. 

The first 20 seconds today though... panic stations

If Monk stays then we’ll be lucky to stop up, he’s just not a very good football manager and I don’t think he’s good enough to manage a club at this level. I’ll be concerned if he’s still here after the international break unless we get at least 8 points from the next 4 games, which we won’t if we play like we did today. The pessimist in me believes that he’ll be here for a while regardless of how bad things are on the pitch though