I'm convinced we are going down

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF Jim?????!!!!

Come on Neil. Am I wrong that he messes players around? Look at young Hunt the other night. Out for 2 or 3 weeks injured then chucked in at the deep end replacing our first choice defensive midfielder when the lad isn’t a defensive midfielder?

He understandably gets hooked at H-T the you’ve got Monk justifying his actions  by saying it’s an harsh lesson he has to learn. This kind of treatment could set the lads development back a while?

My comments might be harsh but if I could see some long term plan and an acceptance from him that the situation is as much his fault as the players then perhaps I’d be more supportive of him but even though I do have sympathy for him over the points deduction, he always seems to blame everyone else for our current failings?

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I get the impression Chansiri is past caring and has lost interest.

Exactamondo..we know that he knows that but what does he do? He’s spunked 100 mill..I wouldn’t know what to do

Just now, Jim said:

Come on Neil.  

You say you get stick for your posts then post absolute total made up nonsense like that

It's not surprising you get stick mate 

Not surprising at all

Fair enough if you don't think Monk is the right manager, or you disagree with his tactics, or substitutions etc but come on... let's not be posting proper full on nutty posts like that.

It's just not right

It's a bit odd

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Exactamondo..we know that he knows that but what does he do? He’s spunked 100 mill..I wouldn’t know what to do

What can you do though??

Spent 100 million on something that's not probably worth a quarter of that (max)

What can he possibly do?

It's not like he can spend his way to success either

He's snookered - big time - and as a result so are we as fans

Owlstalk Shop

I'm not convinced we are going down. We are in a scap but I think we are good enough to stay up.

This side is raw, they've not played many games together, they need time to find how their team mates play. Remember our 2 front players have only just arrived, same with Flint.

We are currently playing with a makeshift defence and without our best defensive midfielder. One of our star playmakers is out injured. It's no wonder we aren't the finished article.

At times we've played some good stuff against good teams, today we were well below par. I'm not denying that.

I'm not bothered one way or the other whether we keep Monk or not. I don't really know the man so why should I give a rat's ass either way.

What will decide if we stay up or drop is whether the team stick together and keep their morale up. If they keep fighting we will do ok and stay up, if they let their heads drop we will struggle. The fans can't do much about it because we can't attend games to cheer them on but I don't think a load of armchair warriors having tantrums on Twitter and the like is going to have a positive effect.

Brian laws while not perfect was a great manager for this club 

Over achieved with the funds he had

Plus he had the club at heart 

You could generally see that a loss hurt him as much as it hurt the fans 

Monk looks like he couldn't give a flying f##k 

Still getting paid in a job

Gets sack he gets a nice payout 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I’ve been concerned all summer. I don’t think some supporters realise how difficult it could be. 

Wigan finished 13th place and 12 points took them down. Off that basis we need to be aiming for 12th? Do I see a 12th placed side at the moment? Not at all.

No because we have already lost our points...

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

Brian laws while not perfect was a great manager for this club 

Over achieved with the funds he had

Plus he had the club at heart 

You could generally see that a loss hurt him as much as it hurt the fans 

Monk looks like he couldn't give a flying f##k 

Still getting paid in a job

Gets sack he gets a nice payout 

Very likeable bloke Brian laws..is it his wife or daughter or summat who supports us? Anybody got that video of him jumping over that canal..cudnt imagine monk doin owt like that

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve thought this for sometime and I know I’ll get slated for it but I just think Monk comes across as a one dimensional, clueless and arrogant and must be an absolute tw@t to play for?

Stories of him falling out with players is common place before he came here but let’s be honest we’ve seen this here as well. The way he questioned Lees’ and FF’s professionalism in public post-lockdown? Odubajo in and out of favour. Rhodes gets a couple of games then sidelined despite not playing to his strengths. Constantly either selecting sub-standard players or playing them out of position. One dimensional tactics that are totally f***ed if we concede first which we invariably do?

If we stick with this 🤡 then not only will be relegated, interest in the club will wane so much that the club will face financial ruin even when fans are allowed back in?

We need a personality, someone who has  a long term vision and style of play that the fans can buy into and get behind. The sooner the better.

Agree 100% we need a charismatic leader, not someone who portrays complete apathy and feels detached from the fanbase 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're definitely going down

Why?

• -12 points deductions
  • Player embargoes
  • Having to pick up injured scraps during transfer windows
  • We even signed a player who's not played since a double leg break and somehow let him sign as though he'd passed a medical

The manager could be doing (much) better but I doubt any manager could save us right now from the result of many years of absolute mismanagement and horrific decisions leading to the situation we find ourselves in

Sack Monk if you want - it wont' make the blindest bit of difference.

What's happening now hasn't just been predictable (and predicted) for a couple of years now, it's been inevitable

Disagree, pre season last year before Bruce left non of this was inevitable. Optimism was high and rightly so. Monk is one of the worst managers we’ve had in our history, nothing is inevitable. It’s a game, and nothing is lost or won until the final whistle. 

How we feel now can change very quickly, this club does not have to go down. It does need to change the manager.....quickly. Different players, different staff, SAME MANAGER SAME RESULTS. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're definitely going down

Why?

• -12 points deductions
  • Player embargoes
  • Having to pick up injured scraps during transfer windows
  • We even signed a player who's not played since a double leg break and somehow let him sign as though he'd passed a medical

The manager could be doing (much) better but I doubt any manager could save us right now from the result of many years of absolute mismanagement and horrific decisions leading to the situation we find ourselves in

Sack Monk if you want - it wont' make the blindest bit of difference.

What's happening now hasn't just been predictable (and predicted) for a couple of years now, it's been inevitable

I might enjoy a game though - its been 12 months of utter tedious football

Just now, slow83 said:

Disagree, pre season last year before Bruce left non of this was inevitable. Optimism was high and rightly so. Monk is one of the worst managers we’ve had in our history, nothing is inevitable. It’s a game, and nothing is lost or won until the final whistle. 

How we feel now can change very quickly, this club does not have to go down. It does need to change the manager.....quickly. Different players, different staff, SAME MANAGER SAME RESULTS. 

Yeah fair points - can't argue with that apart from thinking a change of manager with this squad will stop the inevitable

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Use the 12 points punishment all you want 

But the form over the last year is good enough to send us down regardless 

Most people know if monk carries on he will send us down 

If we sack monk, does anyone trust DC to get a better replacement 

Our 'TOP SIGNINGS' are Cardiff and Wigan rejects 

Signed a bunch of crocks, one player who passed a medical with a broken leg ffs 

I'm almost certain we will be relegated 

Our manager doesn't care, our chairman doesn't care and with today's **** show the players probley don't care 

And the most heartbreaking thing is 

Us as fans have to sit there and watch our beloved club sinking like a massive turd 

I fear you are right.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah fair points - can't argue with that apart from thinking a change of manager with this squad will stop the inevitable

I don't disagree on your key assertion that the issues with the club are wide ranging and deep rooted.

However that does not have to correlate with the utterly pathetic team selections, inept tactics, lack of ability to react to a situation in game 

And the insipid watch paint dry football

I think the best we can hope for is 4th or 5th bottom this season. We need mid table form to stay up and to be fair we don’t look like a mid table side.

The 4 players who are missing will massively improve us but I still think we are way short in attack. Unlike most on here, I think our recruitment has been poor - we’ve just gone for players who give 100% but lack quality aside from Izzy Brown. 

49 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Use the 12 points punishment all you want 

But the form over the last year is good enough to send us down regardless 

Most people know if monk carries on he will send us down 

If we sack monk, does anyone trust DC to get a better replacement 

Our 'TOP SIGNINGS' are Cardiff and Wigan rejects 

Signed a bunch of crocks, one player who passed a medical with a broken leg ffs 

I'm almost certain we will be relegated 

Our manager doesn't care, our chairman doesn't care and with today's **** show the players probley don't care 

And the most heartbreaking thing is 

Us as fans have to sit there and watch our beloved club sinking like a massive turd 

a TURD HAS MORE CARISMA AT THE MOMENT 

• Like 2