WEDNESDAY - V- BRENTFORD omdt

Huffed and puffed but created zero after their 2nd goal. 

Right decision to take Hunt off but then Windass for Dele Bashiru was hardly an attacking change when we needed a goal. 

Poor goals to concede, poor technique from Dawson palming it back out into the danger area with Hunt playing Tony onside then having Odubajo mark their main striker from the corner a bad decision. 

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

No offence mate but i don't care about being praised after ANOTHER HOME DEFEAT and fight is the bare minimum i expect from my team.

A home defeat against the playoff finalists from last season? 

Were you expecting anything else? I know me and the majority of fans weren't.

Do you genuinely believe we have a "top 6" squad? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Dele Bashiru doesn’t look up for it whatsoever

Looks lazy - don’t think we’ll get a shift out of him when backs against the wall.

We really need someone big and strong in that midfield - only needed it since 2015.

Wonder where that came from

Just now, Kameron said:

First game I’ve seen for a few weeks, different players but same old.  I genuinely believe a half decent manager who get far more out of this squad of players.  

Can you say that in English please some of us are not up to speed with kid speak.

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Dele Bashiru doesn’t look up for it whatsoever

Looks lazy - don’t think we’ll get a shift out of him when backs against the wall.

We really need someone big and strong in that midfield - only needed it since 2015.

It's funny because Monk demands big strong players as a rule. Then again I just dont rate Monk.

Disappointed with the result, performance ok considering the players we had missing in key areas. 

I'm not fawning over them for the sake of it, but they are easily the best team we've played this season. They have some excellent players.

Ultimately we didn't do enough, conceded two poor goals, but have another chance of 3 points on Saturday. 

We kept them honest to the end, was a decent game to watch, despite the moronic testicles spouted by the Sky commentators.

Not downhearted....yet. let's see what Saturday brings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

They rogered our old side 5-0 not so long ago. Brush it off & onto some winnable fixtures.

We rogered QPR not so long ago either, didn't help us this season. Brentford could easily have scored more tonight, we never looked like getting more than the 1 we got. 

Just now, gandiaowl said:

Lost this game due to poor team selection.   Hunt should not have started.  After losing Luengo, before the game,possibly due to another injury, he should have been replaced with a Like for like defensive midfielder.  Hunt is not that player.  Damage done but rectified at half time.  Brentford did their homework on Dawson...mostly paws away shots and easy chance taken by Brentford.  We played better second half but didn’t trouble their goalkeeper.   

Absolutely we did, what the hell was that set up? In my opinion, we should have matched them with a 4-3-3 set up. A solid back four with Palmer at right back. Three in the middle, at times tonight it was just two, first half just Hunt and Bannan. Three up front would have given us more chances of getting a goal. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He recruits players solely on their ability to run and chase

Get realistic Brentford are nearly the finished article and are far ahead of of us in terms of team development. We are a work in progress and need time. 
These games are when any points are a bonus. 

Wednesday are a team of honest triers with little real quality, as evidenced by our new signings.  Brentford have a better squad of players and certainly play better football, but we’re not really competing with them.  Overall I thought I saw enough to suggest we can finish 21st, which would be job done for me.

• Like 3