You said it would cost us 5 goals

I replied with 'a game'

5 goals a game

lol

Monks judgement that Cam & Wildsmith are good enough is a poor one 

He needs cash to appoint one who is 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Agree. Wednesday are a team in transition. We have to be realistic. We'll have more additions in January but until then we have to dig in and battle.

Brentford, as you say have and organised established system on and off the pitch and have done for years. They have quality in all areas. We don't yet.

It's going to take a few windows before we start seeing a more settled squad.

I think we'll survive this season if only by the skin of our teeth.

Just sick of the negative numpties on here

Thought we played well. Ok wanted a win, but poor mistakes. Really need to address the GK situation as this is costing us points. Forget Westwood must be a decent out of contract keeper out there?

11 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Agree. Wednesday are a team in transition. We have to be realistic. We'll have more additions in January but until then we have to dig in and battle.

Brentford, as you say have and organised established system on and off the pitch and have done for years. They have quality in all areas. We don't yet.

It's going to take a few windows before we start seeing a more settled squad.

I think we'll survive this season if only by the skin of our teeth.

Just sick of the negative numpties on here

Spot on. Said it many times Bruce said a number of windows required GM has had on with a team yet to settle together and key players missing.  All this against one of the best teams in the division

We will be OK this season and move on positively

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Easy to write it off like that.

Brentford have lost to Preston and Birmingham this season and drawn with Millwall. First away win for them in the league, hope we get our 2nd home win of the year on Saturday. 

Simply put we are not very good at the moment. Brentford are promotion contenders but not that good. If we are happy losing to a fairly ordinary outfit like them then we're in for a season full of discontent. I desperately want us to avoid relegation but we have to pick up points at home. 

Got beat by a very good side that will be right up there 

Having said that we are really running on fumes at the moment, I reckon with Luongo, Iorfa and Brown playing tonight we get something out of the game , having to rely on Hunt Dele and Pelupessy is going to kill us 

I thought after Saturday Reach was back but he had a shocker tonight 

Having to start with a back 4 of Odabajo Flint Van Aken and Reach against Toni and co was never going to end well 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

So that means I can’t congratulate the team for a good effort? 
Opposition a good side and we adjusted well for the second half to put in a very admirable performance that would win most games this season.

SO THERE!..

No you can’t....SO THERE, THERE!

lol

Guest Willow Owl
38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Easy to write it off like that.

Brentford have lost to Preston and Birmingham this season and drawn with Millwall. First away win for them in the league, hope we get our 2nd home win of the year on Saturday. 

We beat Birmingham, what’s your point. They were the best team we’ve played this season by far.

A team we’ve played without four of our better players. A centre half with only his second game. A wing back playing centre half. An Academy product replacing our best player this season. A front 2 that have never played together, one of them his first game for us and his first start for months.

Both Sky panelist’s think we are a decent side and will be okay. All Sky commentators praised Monk for his tactical changes at half time.

A bit of perspective and a reality check is needed.

Brentford are far in front of us In their development as a team and we’re losing finalists last year. Oh and a little thing of a striker that cost approx 5 times more than our whole starting eleven. 

7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

We beat Birmingham, what’s your point. They were the best team we’ve played this season by far.

A team we’ve played without four of our better players. A centre half with only his second game. A wing back playing centre half. An Academy product replacing our best player this season. A front 2 that have never played together, one of them his first game for us and his first start for months.

Both Sky panelist’s think we are a decent side and will be okay. All Sky commentators praised Monk for his tactical changes at half time.

A bit of perspective and a reality check is needed.

Brentford are far in front of us In their development as a team and we’re losing finalists last year. Oh and a little thing of a striker that cost approx 5 times more than our whole starting eleven. 

How about not play a wing back at CB and change the system to suit the players available? Cost us a goal having a wing-back marking a striker at set pieces and doesn't help the all round play.

Brentford have been a good side for a few seasons but even last season when we had a team of alleged wasters we were able to beat them at home, might even have been the last time we managed to score 2 at home - last year!

Its true our season won't depend on matches like this, more then need to beat teams like QPR at home, lets see how we do in the next 3 games that we should be looking for 9 points from.

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How about not play a wing back at CB and change the system to suit the players available? Cost us a goal having a wing-back marking a striker at set pieces and doesn't help the all round play.

Brentford have been a good side for a few seasons but even last season when we had a team of alleged wasters we were able to beat them at home, might even have been the last time we managed to score 2 at home - last year!

Its true our season won't depend on matches like this, more then need to beat teams like QPR at home, lets see how we do in the next 3 games that we should be looking for 9 points from.

That wing back also had a decent game Saturday. He was out muscled by Toney, but have a look at what Windass does. He’s positioned at the front of the six yard box but inexplicably drops to the goal line. If he would have stayed there he would have had a simple header away. 
I agree the next three games could be pivotal to where we finish. 

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

Being playoff finalists really helped us out the following season didn't it?

I expect a game plan, i expect people to mark their man, i expect our manager to learn from his mistakes (see oddjob marking Toney again 2nd half from corner) (see Dawson forever pushing shots straight out in dangerous areas again), i expect us to have a shot on target second half when chasing the game, i expect to have won a few home games since February!!!

Nobody has said we have a top 6 squad so is totally irrelevant.

I cannot remember Toney scoring or coming close to scoring from a  corner in the second half.

So did Monk have to learn from his mistake or did Odubajo learn from his mistake?

Not being physically strong when marking.