WEDNESDAY - V- BRENTFORD omdt

Guest Willow Owl
8 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Game lost due to poor team selection, tactics & individual errors in the first half. 

Might have got a bit to do with our four best players being injured.

I think this Division is Gash this year,anyone can beat anybody.

This rubbish they are best team in div dosent sit well with me,all this Arrrrrrr Brentford are so great gollox,YOU WHAT!!!!

go out to win not jolly about,take it fooooookin to em!!!

Reach waste of space when up for a battle.. sorry....

We are in the shi    te and need all hands on deck....

UTO......WAWAWAW...    

5 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

A home defeat against the playoff finalists from last season? 

Were you expecting anything else? I know me and the majority of fans weren't.

Do you genuinely believe we have a "top 6" squad? 

Being playoff finalists really helped us out the following season didn't it?

I expect a game plan, i expect people to mark their man, i expect our manager to learn from his mistakes (see oddjob marking Toney again 2nd half from corner) (see Dawson forever pushing shots straight out in dangerous areas again), i expect us to have a shot on target second half when chasing the game, i expect to have won a few home games since February!!!

Nobody has said we have a top 6 squad so is totally irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

And hunts for playing him onside

The player who wasn’t involved in the goal? Ok

Baz also played him onside. Baz was marking him. He was level with Baz when it was kicked. There’s no VAR if his arm was off...Baz is captain and should be organising everyone.

Dawson only had to push it wide or out...that’s all that happened here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Wednesday are a team of honest triers with little real quality, as evidenced by our new signings.  Brentford have a better squad of players and certainly play better football, but we’re not really competing with them.  Overall I thought I saw enough to suggest we can finish 21st, which would be job done for me.

Agree. Wednesday are a team in transition. We have to be realistic. We'll have more additions in January but until then we have to dig in and battle.

Brentford, as you say have and organised established system on and off the pitch and have done for years. They have quality in all areas. We don't yet.

It's going to take a few windows before we start seeing a more settled squad.

I think we'll survive this season if only by the skin of our teeth.

Just sick of the negative numpties on here

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Get realistic Brentford are nearly the finished article and are far ahead of of us in terms of team development. We are a work in progress and need time. 
These games are when any points are a bonus. 

Easy to write it off like that.

Brentford have lost to Preston and Birmingham this season and drawn with Millwall. First away win for them in the league, hope we get our 2nd home win of the year on Saturday. 

9 minutes ago, should know better said:

Ivan Toney just mentioned they knew Dawson just parries it out, why don't our defenders know that.

No shots on target second half, we did not deserve anything.

None of our defenders reacted - Hunt, who played him on just walked away.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Easy to write it off like that.

Brentford have lost to Preston and Birmingham this season and drawn with Millwall. First away win for them in the league, hope we get our 2nd home win of the year on Saturday. 

Hoping for our 2nd home win on the year and it’s almost the end of October. Really is unbelievable. 

Just now, Mishowl said:

Very good? Brentford are 7th in the second division.

We are a handful of games in and they nearly went up last season...

Anyway, we worked hard enough, but had little to no quality bar the goal. 

Two shockingly poor goals from a defensive point of view. You can't afford to be giving goal like that at any level, let alone Championship level. Poor off Dawson for the first, though he wasn't helped by the midfield letting the Brentford playing waltz through to get his shot away. The second goal was just plain embarrassing. 

We huffed and puffed in the second half, but bar a 5 minute spell rarely looked like we were ever going to score. Serious lack of quality when it matters, amount of times we make the wrong choice. 

All in all, an absolute snooze fest. 

1 win in 15 at home. That is appalling and enough for Monk to be give his P45 imo. 

• Like 1