3 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Birmingham (a)

Brentford (h)

Luton (h)

Toytown (a)

Wycombe (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Millwall (h)

Now all the transfer excitement is over... we’ll be a quarter of the way into the season after these next 7 games. With consecutive games against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, it’s imperative we put some results together and start catching up with the strugglers before the next international break.

We should be targeting 11 points from these 7 games as a bare minimum, IMO. Any less than that and I think DC needs to seriously consider Monk’s position — he’s backed him with new players and coaching staff, now it’s time for him to show that he’s up to the job of keeping us in the division. I’m still expecting us to be bottom (or in the bottom 3) after the Millwall match because of the points deduction, but we really need to start seeing some positive signs on the pitch that we’re heading in the right direction. 

Let’s hope we start this run of games off right with 3 points tomorrow. Might just be the optimism creeping in since it’s been two weeks without watching Wednesday, but I’m looking forward to it

Defo bud..we strugglehere..were down..

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not saying Monk should go soon but how long do you think he will or should get if we aren’t out of the bottom 3? 

I posted a thread on this a while ago, but the salient points are:

• Although 1.3 points per game would be enough to keep us up in an average Championship season, we wouldn't escape the bottom three until game 41, which would certainly test the nerves of Wednesdayites everywhere! If the bar is raised much higher than average at the bottom of the division this season, then we'd be in real trouble.

• 1.4 points per game would see us stay up in all but the most extreme of Championship seasons, finishing six points above the average relegation mark, and yet we'd still be in the bottom three until game 30.

• What's really quite telling is that even with 1.57 points per game, the form needed to reach the playoffs in an average season, we'd be in the bottom three until game 22, which is our final game of this calendar year.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

• Although 1.3 points per game would be enough to keep us up in an average Championship season, we wouldn't escape the bottom three until game 41, which would certainly test the nerves of Wednesdayites everywhere! If the bar is raised much higher than average at the bottom of the division this season, then we'd be in real trouble.

• 1.4 points per game would see us stay up in all but the most extreme of Championship seasons, finishing six points above the average relegation mark, and yet we'd still be in the bottom three until game 30.

• What's really quite telling is that even with 1.57 points per game, the form needed to reach the playoffs in an average season, we'd be in the bottom three until game 22, which is our final game of this calendar year.

I thought about the thread you made when making this one as I thought it was insightful and showed that we do need to display a certain degree of patience this season as we’re in a position we’ve never been in before. 

Weirdly, 1.57 x 7 = 10.99, which is a calculation I hadn’t done when coming up with my target of 11 points. I based that on 9 points against Toytown, Wycombe and Luton plus a couple of draws from the other 4 games. 

I do think that due to the structure of this season that we need to be hitting that kind of form in these next 7 games though. At the end of them, we’ve got the only two-week break we’ll have until March (with two games a week until January), so it would be the least disruptive time to make a managerial change if needed. 

The first 4 games of the season have seen us collect 1.25 points per game so clearly we need to start bringing that average up ASAP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Birmingham (a)

Brentford (h)

Luton (h)

Toytown (a)

Wycombe (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Millwall (h)

Now all the transfer excitement is over... we’ll be a quarter of the way into the season after these next 7 games. With consecutive games against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, it’s imperative we put some results together and start catching up with the strugglers before the next international break.

We should be targeting 11 points from these 7 games as a bare minimum, IMO. Any less than that and I think DC needs to seriously consider Monk’s position — he’s backed him with new players and coaching staff, now it’s time for him to show that he’s up to the job of keeping us in the division. I’m still expecting us to be bottom (or in the bottom 3) after the Millwall match because of the points deduction, but we really need to start seeing some positive signs on the pitch that we’re heading in the right direction. 

Let’s hope we start this run of games off right with 3 points tomorrow. Might just be the optimism creeping in since it’s been two weeks without watching Wednesday, but I’m looking forward to it

It never fizzing ends................!! its going to be a season long  campaign,,,

4 hours ago, marshy said:

Hasn't Benrahma moved to WHU on loan with comittment to purchase at the end of the season? Even so, they are a good side. Don't like it up em though.

Good side but picked up less points than us so far this season

Give GM the benefit of the doubt, Waltham and SallyC. The C’ship is a demanding division. GM has a good group of guys. Trust them enough to put their creativity to practice and you’ll be glad to see them do better than that from the next 7 matches. UTO. 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Need to be looking at 9 points from Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe. Brentford and B’mouth very tough games. Brum and Millwall both winnable imo. 

I expect us to do better against the better sides and struggle against the others 

Sides that come out and play - we can give em a game. Rotherham and Wycombe will put men behind ball and generallly were crap at carving out chances like that 

11 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not saying Monk should go soon but how long do you think he will or should get if we aren’t out of the bottom 3? 

Why ask than if your not saying it?   how many times must monk be discussed? its simple,he is our manager,will be for this season,we have to hope he is up to the job,if he isnt we are ****ed....because no one else will be able to keep us up either

Now why not all of us ,knuckle down and see where the season takes us?(please!)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Birmingham (a)

Brentford (h)

Luton (h)

Toytown (a)

Wycombe (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Millwall (h)

If we don't win all seven we can forget about automatic promotion 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Why ask than if your not saying it?   how many times must monk be discussed? its simple,he is our manager,will be for this season,we have to hope he is up to the job,if he isnt we are ****ed....because no one else will be able to keep us up either

Now why not all of us ,knuckle down and see where the season takes us?(please!)

No one else would be able to keep us up? Why? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wish we could pin this on the front door of every Wednesday fan's house.

The amount of posts saying "if we're not out of the bottom 3 after the Wycombe game Monk needs to go" is frightening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SwellOwl said:

Concentrate one game at a time, don’t think today will be a classic, will take a horrible 0-1 win!

Isn't that part of the problem, though? Far too many of us will refuse to look beyond a single game. You just know that any time we drop points against anyone there's going to be a meltdown. Some of the abuse directed against the manager and the players after QPR was well out of order.

I'm getting a bit tired of it TBH. I just wish people would keep quiet for 7-8 games and only then start to reflect on how we're doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Isn't that part of the problem, though? Far too many of us will refuse to look beyond a single game. You just know that any time we drop points against anyone there's going to be a meltdown. Some of the abuse directed against the manager and the players after QPR was well out of order.

I'm getting a bit tired of it TBH. I just wish people would keep quiet for 7-8 games and only then start to reflect on how we're doing.

Fans have forgotten the art of patience, however, the situation we are in, people are desperate to clear the deficit as soon as possible.