Next 7 games - make or break time?

Birmingham (a)

Brentford (h)

Luton (h)

Toytown (a)

Wycombe (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Millwall (h)

Now all the transfer excitement is over... we’ll be a quarter of the way into the season after these next 7 games. With consecutive games against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, it’s imperative we put some results together and start catching up with the strugglers before the next international break.

We should be targeting 11 points from these 7 games as a bare minimum, IMO. Any less than that and I think DC needs to seriously consider Monk’s position — he’s backed him with new players and coaching staff, now it’s time for him to show that he’s up to the job of keeping us in the division. I’m still expecting us to be bottom (or in the bottom 3) after the Millwall match because of the points deduction, but we really need to start seeing some positive signs on the pitch that we’re heading in the right direction. 

Let’s hope we start this run of games off right with 3 points tomorrow. Might just be the optimism creeping in since it’s been two weeks without watching Wednesday, but I’m looking forward to it

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Really could do with Benrahma’s move to be completed then the Brentford game becomes marginally less scary. But otherwise anything in the next 2 games will be okay, but then we must win most of the following 5 games afterwards in my opinion.  Otherwise the gap could be hard to make up 

• Like 2

Was thinking this myself. 

Whilst I agree with the old cliche that there are no easy games or dead cert 3 pointers in the championship our next 6-7 games really are our chance to get rid of this minus points and get moving up wards 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Really could do with Benrahma’s move to be completed then the Brentford game becomes marginally less scary. But otherwise anything in the next 2 games will be okay, but then we must win most of the following 5 games afterwards in my opinion.  Otherwise the gap could be hard to make up 

Hasn't Benrahma moved to WHU on loan with comittment to purchase at the end of the season? Even so, they are a good side. Don't like it up em though.

We probably need to average around 1.4 points per game over the season in order to stay up without too much drama, so after 11 games we should be aiming for 15 points. We already have 5 from our first 4 matches, so 10 points should be the aim from these 7 games.

Is that realistic? I'd say so.

There's no such thing as a 'must win' game this early on, but the games against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe could be crucial to our chances this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We probably need to average around 1.4 points per game over the season in order to stay up without too much drama, so after 11 games we should be aiming for 15 points. We already have 5 from our first 4 matches, so 10 points should be the aim from these 7 games.

Is that realistic? I'd say so.

There's no such thing as a 'must win' game this early on, but the games against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe could be crucial to our chances this season.

I think that's realistic. Hopefully as the team gels we will push on from there and finish mid table. 

• Like 1

Wednesday will definitely be out of the relegation zone by the end of this stretch imo. The team is solid enough now to get the job done. They may need a game to gel as one but I saw a lot of unity the first several games to believe they will. They’ll prove it was a productive window having gotten all the parts in place. Afterward it may become a race to the top 6, but I’ll leave that for a future thread. UTO. 

• Thanks 1

Over to you Gary Monk...you’ve been given time, you’ve brought in your own back room staff and you’ve been allowed to bring in several players of your own. Time to walk the walk and prove your worth!! 

We need results, you need results and you should have everything you need to push on now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1