Jack Marriot

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

That is down to the recruitment team if they sign a decent player I will praise them, if the best they can do is sign someone one on loan and I was the owner of the club I would be asking serious questions why I am employing them.

They have had months and I agree they have a difficult remit but Monk himself could have sorted that out himself and do away with the recruitment team, I doubt that they come cheap.

I really hope you will be dancing round me in a few weeks when he has banged in his tenth goal of the season and reminding me of this thread.

Just been on the Derby site and the fans are up in arms... not even started a thread about it.

Difficult remit is a bit of an understatement, but anyway, I won't bother reminding you of any threads but I do think he's a fantastic footballer and think you'll see that too.

2 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Difficult remit is a bit of an understatement, but anyway, I won't bother reminding you of any threads but I do think he's a fantastic footballer and think you'll see that too.

Hope your right.  ... We are saved  looks like Aden Flint might be coming on loan

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Like 1

The second Jack Marriot to play for Wednesday. When kids used to play footie in the street , I was Jackie Sewell, until a new kid arrived and the real JS was their lodger on Chaucer Rd. So it was only right he became him. I therefore became Jackie Marriot,. 

Anyway, if this kid can recapture his form of a couple of years ago, it'll be good. He had lightning pace to get in behind, and was deadly in front of goal.

9 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Can he play wingback though?

Why? haven't we got enough? What is our mid-field supposed to do? they certainly can't provide goals let alone prevent them. The chap's supposed to be a striker , isn't he. Only Wednesdyites want their players to be multi tasked. If he stays in the opposition's area, and we et the ball to him, that's enough for me.

As to the 'recall' and contract to 22 business, the recall is a regular thing. How many of our players have we sent on loan, then recalled, and when did he sign his contract extension? Maybe during the first lock-down? 

Short term 18 match loan if they recall him still think that’s a very useful addition and if he goes back we can look at recruit again 

this signing gives us what we need now 

I think it’s a great signing 

• Like 4

I think this is good business for us and good business for Derby. What we all need to consider is his view on life. If he does well and enjoys his time here, he will have an opinion on where he goes and what he wants. Of course Dorbeh can pull the strings, but when does a club ever win out in a player v club standoff????

• Like 1

Yeah not exactly overjoyed with this, given his record of a goal every seven championship games. Looks pretty prolific at league one level though! 😄

Still beggars can't be choosers I guess, at least he's an actual CF as opposed to another round peg in square hole...does this mean we're definitely not getting Zohore as Derby are in for him?