Jack Marriot

Did well under Lampard where they played an hard running high press game albeit with better players than we have.

Struggled under Cocu and a much slower, possession style based around Rooney.

Needs early passes to run onto, not this back to goal stuff 

6 hours ago, paddyowl said:

Not the first Jack Marriot we've had....,

Marriot-Jack 3.jpg

Just telling my dad about the new Jack Marriot. 

He remembered the original chap pictured here.

Dad said he was a good player, a winger if he remembers correctly.

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Derby lose again tonight. Unfortunately I think they will be sacking the manager before long, possibly bad news for us in January. 

Very good result for us imo, more teams failing to win the better.  We can always sign a different striker in January once Marriott has helped us catch up with the pack 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'd be even more worried if I was a Derby fan than us with our - 12 points deduction. 

A strike force of old fat and slow Rooney  up front with fat, broken and slow that can't stay fit Wickham.. 

Dosent inspire any confidence and I'd love to see them go down this year and us escape. 

But based on that logic, it makes me wonder why they’ve let Marriot go. What  do they know ?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

But based on that logic, it makes me wonder why they’ve let Marriot go. What  do they know ?

May just be down to the managers preferred system. Someone said he's not a target man (I think I remember the lad being as big as bannan) and not able to play the lone striker role which Derby employ. 

15 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Just telling my dad about the new Jack Marriot. 

He remembered the original chap pictured here.

Dad said he was a good player, a winger if he remembers correctly.

I saw him a few times towards the end of his time at Wednesday. He was a right winger.

• Thanks 1

Just had a look at the derby forum expecting the usual he’s poo anyway and I will drive him there myself but no! They actually seem quite annoyed at cocu not playing and now letting him move to a rival. 
makes a refreshing change. Patterson kachunga and now this lad all getting similar reactions.