Jack Marriot

He's already bagged this season and has played 4 games. They've essentially got him fit for us.

With -12 it's a great signing; irrespective of the clause for January. If he bangs them in and gets us out of the bottom 3 then we can reassess in January and recruit him or someone else for a fee. It's imperative we stay up so you get the best player available to you. I think we've assembled a pretty impressive forward line.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Terrible deal.

Extended his deal at Derby.

No buy out clause.

January recall clause. 

So if he’s successful we completely lose out here. 

Good player. Bad deal. 

We are not in a position to quibble.  If he deliveries the goods and gets goals great. This is a one off season, its all about getting safe. Remember Kenwyn Jones!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

So he could be our main striker. Score a lot of goals. Then Derby recall him and demand a bigger fee when we could have bought him for right now.

Like I said good player. Bad deal. But that’s what you get when you go into the last day desperate. 

We couldn't have bought him now, derby have just extended his contract till 2022, they obviously want to keep him. We aren't in a position right now to be calling the shots on deals, we need a striker and he's about the most suitable out there and available than I can think of. Like i said we either accept that deal or we don't get him at all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Terrible deal.

Extended his deal at Derby.

No buy out clause.

January recall clause. 

So if he’s successful we completely lose out here. 

Good player. Bad deal. 

Unless we have agreed a fee to purchase him in January or the end of the season, maybe linked to the loan fee

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

They really seem to have bent us over with this deal. 

Can't see how, we get a striker that scores goals in this league for a minimum 18 games, then assess in January, who knows we may be in a position to get better in January. 

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

We couldn't have bought him now, derby have just extended his contract till 2022, they obviously want to keep him. We aren't in a position right now to be calling the shots on deals, we need a striker and he's about the most suitable out there and available than I can think of. Like i said we either accept that deal or we don't get him at all.

They extended his deal because if he’s a success it keeps his value up.

Something he doesn’t currently have. It will cost us more next summer than it would have this summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, 0114 said:

They extended his deal because if he’s a success it keeps his value up.

Something he doesn’t currently have. It will cost us more next summer than it would have this summer. 

Depends how he goes. 

• Like 1

He is a very good player at best and could see him playingalong side Patterson. 

The recall option may be similar to whta many PL clubs have where if a player is not getting game time they can recall him.

Also with him cominghere can not be happy at Derby if he scores goals and is doing well here I am sure he would be over moon to go back to a club where he wasnot wanted.