Jack Marriot

1 minute ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Yeah not exactly overjoyed with this, given his record of a goal every seven championship games. Looks pretty prolific at league one level though! 😄

Still beggars can't be choosers I guess, at least he's an actual CF as opposed to another round peg in square hole...does this mean we're definitely not getting Zohore as Derby are in for him?

Derby have set their sights on loaning connor wickham to pair him with rooney so every chance we can still bring him in 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I think this is good business for us and good business for Derby. What we all need to consider is his view on life. If he does well and enjoys his time here, he will have an opinion on where he goes and what he wants. Of course Dorbeh can pull the strings, but when does a club ever win out in a player v club standoff????

Dorbeh 😁

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Derby have January recall option. We’ll probably knock him into shape then lose him.

True. I mean look at it this way. We all hope he scores a shed load, but the problem is IF he does Derby will want him back which screws us. So really we have to hope he contributes, but not overly so, other wise it's Sayonara.

Have we left it too late again getting our ducks in order?

I'm just happy we signed a striker and if he is fit a pretty decent one.

Loan clauses are nothing for us to worry about. 

Short term loan deals used to be common place.

We are desperate and he could score 5 or 6 vital goals for us.

• Like 1

His record in the Championship (including Play-Offs) for Derby is 13 goals in 3,285 minutes, so a goal every 253 minutes.

Not amazing, but we did the stats for a few other Wednesday strikers back in July (all comps) and it was Forestieri = goal every 227 mins, Nuhiu = goal every 272 mins, Tudgay = goal every 324 mins.

If what's right about playing one-up top and the system not suiting him, then there's a chance we can improve on that ratio over the next few months.

5 minutes ago, This Is Our City said:

Reminded me of Billy Sharp when he was at Peterborough, scored for fun. Don't read too much into the stats while he's been at Derby, he was carrying a groin injury last season and they only play 1 up top.

Was going to say the same. Similar in many ways. Clever, lively, bit of a pest with an eye for goal. 

• Like 1

If he can recapture some form, could be a cracking signing the big man little man combo with him playing off Patterson seems good and how I expected monk to go. 

Without trying to be negative though, I really do hope he comes to get his head down, get stuck in  play football and score some goals. 

The last season long loan we got from Derby was buttercup and I'd have made more impact than that waste of space. 

Good signing imo.

I know he didn't bang them in for Derby but I do recall him changing the game when they dumped Weeds out the play offs a few years back.

He will offer something different.

Decent business imo.

I actually quite like the look of our squad atm. Good turnaround of players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

Derby have set their sights on loaning connor wickham to pair him with rooney so every chance we can still bring him in 

I'd be even more worried if I was a Derby fan than us with our - 12 points deduction. 

A strike force of old fat and slow Rooney  up front with fat, broken and slow that can't stay fit Wickham.. 

Dosent inspire any confidence and I'd love to see them go down this year and us escape. 

• Like 1