Jack Marriot

15 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Terrible deal.

Extended his deal at Derby.

No buy out clause.

January recall clause. 

So if he’s successful we completely lose out here. 

Good player. Bad deal. 

I think I heard the Rotherham boss saying the other day that most loans have to have this break clause

• Like 1

If he’s a success, he’s likely to be recalled, but at least it buys us a bit of time. On the face of it, you might think he’s struggled at this level, however, he’s actually looked at his best against Premier League opponents in the cup, so he has it in him. Watched most of those cup games, and he looked a natural. He then struggles in the next few championship games, before being dropped. At least we know he can do it, just needs to find the consistency

20 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

For derby to recall would mean he’s done well and in all likelihood we would be out of the bottom 3

Can see D.C. investing in January to protect championship status so I’d presume we would look at a purchase at that stage

Should have invested at the start of the season not wait till its half way over 

I work with 2 Derby season ticket holders. One says he tends to pick up a lot of short term injuries and the other says he’s a really busy player and doesn’t often get the chance to shine at Derby. 

We haven’t had a box player for a long time now. You could class Rhodes as a box player I guess but he’s really lost his way.

Edited by Swiss Toni

4 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I work with 2 Derby season ticket holders. One says he tends to pick up a lot of short term injuries and the other says he’s a really busy player and doesn’t often get the chance to shine at Derby. 

We haven’t had a box player for a long time now. You could class Rhodes as a box player I guess but he’s really lost his way.

We just need to get the ball near the box...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, LoanRanger said:

Ok which 20 goal striker would you have signed?

That is down to the recruitment team if they sign a decent player I will praise them, if the best they can do is sign someone one on loan and I was the owner of the club I would be asking serious questions why I am employing them.

They have had months and I agree they have a difficult remit but Monk himself could have sorted that out himself and do away with the recruitment team, I doubt that they come cheap.

I really hope you will be dancing round me in a few weeks when he has banged in his tenth goal of the season and reminding me of this thread.

Just been on the Derby site and the fans are up in arms... not even started a thread about it.

People whinging about a recall clause grow up we wouldn't have got him without the clause 

He's done a pre season been involved in all games for derby up to now could be a clever signing by all those involved at our credit where it's due especially the chairman backing his manager once again

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1