Jack Marriot

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

So he can be recalled in 12 weeks?

Good signing for now but I don't like that recall clause.

With the list of clubs wanting him I think that clause will be the reason why we have got him. 

If he scores for us I expect he will be off in January as i fancy Derby to struggle this year.

• Like 1

Why?  A player who can't get in his own struggling side, on loan so no future revenue from him.  

In the unlikely event that should he start scoring Derby can grab him, leaving us scrabbling around looking for another forward.

And people are telling we are paying our recruitment team money for this?   

I am sure @gurujuan and a few other of our experts on here would make for a better recruitment team.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Terrible deal.

Extended his deal at Derby.

No buy out clause.

January recall clause. 

So if he’s successful we completely lose out here. 

Good player. Bad deal. 

Either that or he goes elsewhere, needs must. He's got 18 games with us till January 1st so if he can bang a few in and help us up the league then we take it and assess that situation in January 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Terrible deal.

Extended his deal at Derby.

No buy out clause.

January recall clause. 

So if he’s successful we completely lose out here. 

Good player. Bad deal. 

It is your right,

But if they recall him it means hes scoring for us and we dont have anyone who can do that at the moment. So we might be in a better state than we are now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why?  A player who can't get in his own struggling side, on loan so no future revenue from him.  

In the unlikely event that should he start scoring Derby can grab him, leaving us scrabbling around looking for another forward.

And people are telling we are paying our recruitment team money for this?   

I am sure @gurujuan and a few other of our experts on here would make for a better recruitment team.

He's started in 3 of their 4 league games and came on in the other one. It's not like he's been in the reserves all season.

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

Either that or he goes elsewhere, needs must. He's got 18 games with us till January 1st so if he can bang a few in and help us up the league then we take it and assess that situation in January 

So he could be our main striker. Score a lot of goals. Then Derby recall him and demand a bigger fee when we could have bought him for right now.

Like I said good player. Bad deal. But that’s what you get when you go into the last day desperate.