Aden Flint

4 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

If we are signing Flint we must be getting rid of a centre back or we are going to convert him into a target man!!

Hopefully it paves the way to let the lads Shaw and Brennan out on loan. 

They both looked as though they can become very capable cbs at this level, so need games. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Overrated, especially on here, slow, not good on the ball and prone to making daft mistakes. Granted he scores a few goals from set plays, a bit like good old Reda, but it hardly covers up his defensive shortcomings Add to that, he doesn’t fit the age profile we’re supposedly looking at

Exactly this. The bloke cant defend to save his life. No way he would be a professional footballer if he wasn't really tall.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Its a no from me.

31, loss of form and on decent wages.

Would have been a good signing 3 years ago but not now.

Clarke-Salter would be a better option IMO but id look at Max Kilman at wolves.

Yeah Clarke-Salter for me also, reasonably quick and good on the ball. Presumably Dunkley, when he’s fit, will take the central role, or at least compete with Lees for it. Iorfa on the right, and the left footed Clarke-Salter on the left.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

If we are signing Flint we must be getting rid of a centre back or we are going to convert him into a target man!!

Or someone's injury (Lees?) Is more serious than a couple of weeks and we need first team ready cover? Considering Iorfa injured, Shaw injured and Uroghide coming back from injury (and never played CB for us?) And Dunkley not fit yet either.

Ordinarily I wouldn't have a problem with playing the younger players, but if we were forced to play the likes of Shaw, Uroghide without experience around them and/or Palmer or Odubajo at CB we'd start shipping a lot of goals and the club would get crucified for not acting. 

Wouldn't be my choice though, unless we are facing this kind of defensive emergency.

• Like 1

The teams we really struggled against defensively last season were those who played quick stuff with clever runners - Brentford, Blackburn. Fulham and to be fair we got away with it in other games against that sort of team eg leeds.   In general we were defensively OK against the more direct teams like Boro.  I like FLint but he would solve a problem we dont really have.  

• Like 2

Unless someone is leaving, I can't see why we need him. Having him alongside Dom and Lee's, would we a defensive upgrade on Borner and JVA. However, they are doing well enough for me at present, whereas we have priorities elsewhere e.g. left wing back and another striker. 

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

We need a leader.

We’ve needed one for fuckknows how long.

I don’t care if he makes the odd mistake, most centre-halves do at this level otherwise they wouldn’t be at this level.

I want someone in who drags the whole team up the pitch when they drop deep.  I want someone who screams at his fellow players to pick up their man late in games when concentration is on the wane.  I want someone who gets on the end of setpieces and at the very least creates a chance or forces a save.

If he fits the bill, get him in.

Exactly my sentiments bud, especially when dunkley is fit he'd be a good fit sat between him and iorfa. 

As for the he's too old and dosent fit the new agenda idea. Successful teams tend to always have an old experienced cb in there with younger legs around it works. 

• Like 2