Aden Flint

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

A central defenders sole role is to defend. I’ve seen all the comments on how useless he is on the ball or with players keeping it on the floor, but there are plenty of big centre halves who have done well despite that weakness. Shane Duffy, Roger Johnson, Harlee Dean, Danny Batth, Sonny Bradley are all players off the top of my head who’ve made a decent career out of this, the complete Van Dijk is very rare. Iorfa being much closer to the complete package at this level. 

We’ve needed an organiser alongside lees for some time post loovens, Dunkley and Flint seem very vocal and as others have said, I’d rather have these “limited” players defending for us in added time than the ones who have great passing stats 

He’s going to be a real asset. Could be part of a very formidable trio. 

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He’s going to be a real asset. Could be part of a very formidable trio. 

Iorfa flint dunkley or lees at the back should see us not conceding too many ? Those above plus Paterson at set pieces. At other end should be interesting too? All about staying up this season the so called total football can come next season if we stay up

• Like 1

Just now, Mick70 said:

Iorfa flint dunkley or lees at the back should see us not conceding too many ? Those above plus Paterson at set pieces. At other end should be interesting too? All about staying up this season the so called total football can come next season if we stay up

Also if van aken continues to develop he good option aswell 

I like the fact we have someone at the back that won't get caught on the ball as he won't have it long enough . If you are premier league with pots of cash then a defence that can pass and dribble their way out is a must to get anywhere . We are after safety and if the ball is in row z or in the opponents goalies arms its not in our net . I will take that every match . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Considering he didn't even meet the players until the day of the game I thought he was decent.... won everything... pumped it down the channel .. and pinged into Patterson... OK admittedly he didn't have the greatest accuracy but he will get better 

I’m not sure his passing accuracy will get better, we know from Cardiff fans what his strengths are and it’s not with the ball.  It’s keeping it away from the goal. But nothing wrong with that, particularly if we have JVA and Iorfa next to him who are more cultured with the ball 

• Like 1