Aden Flint

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Either we are selling Iorfa and Flint is replacing him or more than likely he’s coming in on loan for a year.

We could be without Iorfa, Lees, Palmer, and Dunkley. I for one would be over the moon with Flint coming in as cover especially against Brum with that brute Jurewitz up front!

It’ll be a loan if anything? We’ve no idea how long lees gona be out for or how long till dunkley can play so makes sense to have another cb? He has his limitations and that’s why he still at this level but I’d know who I’d rather have doing the actual art of defending ( putting your head where it hurts and clearing your lines ) when the chips are down? Flint... van aken borner or young lads ?? 

25 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

It’ll be a loan if anything? We’ve no idea how long lees gona be out for or how long till dunkley can play so makes sense to have another cb? He has his limitations and that’s why he still at this level but I’d know who I’d rather have doing the actual art of defending ( putting your head where it hurts and clearing your lines ) when the chips are down? Flint... van aken borner or young lads ?? 

Reach?

• Haha 1

Just a thought.

When we played Cardiff earlier in season and inform Aiden Flint would have easily got into their side. however he has not played since january and his only show this season is to make bench for one league cup game.

We have bought players previously on reputations long since earned with no current form and none have gone well. i will not name them but we have signed a number.

For a player not to play for such a period they are either injured, fellout with manager or have lost form .

Injury

I have checked and appears to be no record of any injury which has prevented him playing.

Manager falling out

I have searched if any record of a falling out and could not find any.

Further more he is just the size and shape Harris likes. At Millwall liked giant centre halves and forwards and followed suit at Cardiff.

Loss of Form

At age of 31 a loss of form which goes on for months usually means a player is knackered. His wind or energy have packed up and can no longer function.

Think loss of Lees and Dunkley still not being fit tells me we are in desperate need of someone who can win ball in the air and if we really are interested in Flint this must be the reason. In view of recent record it is a desperation stakes signing.  

If anyone can shed a light on why he has not played this year I accept my thoughts may be wrong.

Imagine brown on set pieces and us having 

flint, Dunkley, iorfa, lad from man city ( forget his name ) and a big lad up front in the box 

5 units who marks that lot? Surely we would be the biggest threat in the division 

Patterson isn’t big but he’s got a leap 

Patterson’s Long throws? 

Actually converting and preventing set pieces could be the difference of 15 plus points a season 

it’s a yes from me 

12 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Imagine brown on set pieces and us having 

flint, Dunkley, iorfa, lad from man city ( forget his name ) and a big lad up front in the box 

5 units who marks that lot? Surely we would be the biggest threat in the division 

Patterson isn’t big but he’s got a leap 

Patterson’s Long throws? 

Actually converting and preventing set pieces could be the difference of 15 plus points a season 

it’s a yes from me 

With all bar Flint already here, remind me how many goals we’ve scored from headers

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

You mean Opal Fruits?

Jumping up and down with outstretched arms and legs.  We used to do it in circuit training.  No idea why ref and lino let it go.  Where's VAR when you need it?  If the EFL had given us minus twelve points last season, it would have relegated us.  I say flip off Flint. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

He's the bloke who was doing starbusts in front of Dawson when Cardiff got that last minute equaliser from a freekick last season.   He was 10 yards offside.  He owes us two points.  

I nearly had my starbust this morning after my coffee.

Squeezed a reyt cable out.  Could have done with a hand like they do with lambs and calves on those vet programmes.

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

With all bar Flint already here, remind me how many goals we’ve scored from headers

2 I think not counted massively missed the point

flint becomes one of the first players to be marked by the oppositions best defenders 

it acts as a decoy for another player 5 units on an attacking set piece is much stronger than 4 as the opposition as to match that 

did you see how weak we looked against qpr with that patched up team it looked tiny  

remind me how a man of such great football knowledge as yourself didn’t pick up on that 

10 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

We need a leader.

We’ve needed one for fuckknows how long.

I don’t care if he makes the odd mistake, most centre-halves do at this level otherwise they wouldn’t be at this level.

I want someone in who drags the whole team up the pitch when they drop deep.  I want someone who screams at his fellow players to pick up their man late in games when concentration is on the wane.  I want someone who gets on the end of setpieces and at the very least creates a chance or forces a save.

If he fits the bill, get him in.

If he fitted that bill he probably wouldn't be 4th choice for Cardiff.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

2 I think not counted massively missed the point

flint becomes one of the first players to be marked by the oppositions best defenders 

it acts as a decoy for another player 5 units on an attacking set piece is much stronger than 4 as the opposition as to match that 

did you see how weak we looked against qpr with that patched up team it looked tiny  

remind me how a man of such great football knowledge as yourself didn’t pick up on that 

He hasn't been marked by anyone since the first week in February as he can't get near a game.

We should be signing a striker for an attacking threat, not a defender with the turning circle of the titanic.

6 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Either we are selling Iorfa and Flint is replacing him or more than likely he’s coming in on loan for a year.

We could be without Iorfa, Lees, Palmer, and Dunkley. I for one would be over the moon with Flint coming in as cover especially against Brum with that brute Jurewitz up front!

"Brute" lol

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He hasn't been marked by anyone since the first week in February as he can't get near a game.

We should be signing a striker for an attacking threat, not a defender with the turning circle of the titanic.

That’s what they used to say about Harry Maguire and look at him now...

• Like 1