GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

The tactics just don't make sense. You pack the midfield with 3 players, then you go and bypass them for an entire half. I could understand if we tried to play through the midfield and we kept loosing it, but to constantly bypass the lot for an entire half is madness.

If the tactic was to go long then you need to get more people round the target man, 90% of the time he was either alone, or just had windass there.

Similar with Luongo, he's doing a decent job, but look back at his QPR days, he was a creative midfielder, setting goals up and chipping in with the odd goal. we've converted him to the Hutch role.

Edited by agentwalker
  • Like 2

I disagree a Poll is an important barometer on the fans' view of the clueless Monk.

Lose the next two games and if the deduction stays on appeal we are likely to need 57 points from 40 games to be safe.

That is way above the points return achieved under Monk to date

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Not seen the game, can't comment, but Radio 5 said we'd got the game sewn up with just a few seconds left to play, so just WTF happened after that?

We watched it and were suprised at how well we coped with losing Shaw so early on, then Palmer, in the same position, but Tom getting injured too was the final nail in the coffin really. Having sad all that, if the ref had blown up on time, we would have had a deserved and hard fought three points.

If the subs had not been wasted replacing injured defenders, I reckon FDB and Paterson would have been taken off, because they had both worked hard and were tiring. Everything just seemed to go against us yesterday and we still nearly grabbed the three points. 

Maybe DC should get a proper priest round to banish those evil spirits from Hillsborough!

lol  

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The tactics just don't make sense. You pack the midfield with 3 players, then you go and bypass them for an entire half. I could understand if we tried to play through the midfield and we kept loosing it, but to constantly bypass the lot for an entire half is madness.

If the tactic was to go long then you need to get more people round the target man, 90% of the time he was either alone, or just had windass there.

Similar with Luongo, he's doing a decent job, but look back at his QPR days, he was a creative midfielder, setting goals up and chipping in with the odd goal. we've converted him to the Hutch role.

With the conditions yesterday maybe it was a bit of a natural instinct or needs must? 

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

With the conditions yesterday maybe it was a bit of a natural instinct or needs must? 

But why did they change at the start of the 2nd half? they'd clearly been told to pass it as they played out from the back constantly where as the first half Dawson would have launched it.

I don't think its fully the players fault, they've clearly been told to do that.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2020 at 04:31, shandypants said:

Dear “Monk out” mob

Can’t you see that you’re p1551ng into the wind? 

Firstly, Monk has just been allowed to completely restructure the first team and under 23 management set up and bring in four or five new management team members - that suggests he has Chansiri’s backing; secondly, Chansiri hasn’t generally got an itchy trigger finger and tends to hang onto managers; and lastly, Monk has been set the task of refreshing the squad by replacing the “proven” high wage earners with lower wage earners with the potential to kick on - Chansiri will be expecting poor performances and bad results. 

You “Monk out” lot ought to keep your powder dry because it seems pretty futile to call for Monk to go at the point in time. 

Regards 

Shandy

Yer still think the same shandy?

• Like 1

Now everyone's waking up this Sunday morning I"m fully expecting the usual braindead suggestions of

Nigel Pearson
Big Mick 
Big Sam
Anyone else called 'Big'
John Sheridan
Roland Nilsson
Dan Petrescu
Any ex-Wednesday player people can think of
Any managers with a reputation of just shouting a lot
Any managers with a reputation of just waving their arms a lot on the touchline
Paul Cook
The Cowleys

etc

One thing that depresses me more than anything about supporting this club is this, where our fellow fans regurgitate the same old names every single time they think they could suggest a new manager

Not only are the predictions (ironically) very predictable, but also demonstrate a total lack of footballing intelligence and reality

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Mishowl said:

I think we had a couple of ‘more or less confident’ polls after the first two or three games but those seem to have dried up now.

Just a thought but perhaps the person who started those threads might not want to see the outcome of a similar poll now? 

Why not?

I've not got a blinkered view of things and a totally unbreakable bond with Garry Monk

I just don't like people piling on repetitively and screaming like babies when we get a draw, don't score in the first half, or after a handful of games

It's not MONK i'm sticking up for - its basic decency and common sense

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

18 hours ago, brando said:

Spot on..worse football than when Jo's was here..

People weren't complaining in the first half against Brizzie when we were playing some lovely stuff. We can't always play like we are Barcelona. Sometimes you have to try and win ugly.

One of the issues I have with the Monk out mob is the sheer short termism of their thinking. All they need is a single poor half, and that's enough to trigger a meltdown. I'm quite convinced  that if we'd held on for the win yesterday they would still have complained about the manner of the win - that we didn't win convincingly enough, that the football was poor, that we were lucky......... Take your pick.

If it hadn't been for the points deduction we would have been mid table and two points off the playoff places.

43 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What can any manager do when he loses 3 centre backs within 90 minutes?.

Maybe they we practicing that all week😂

No one with any sense expected any thing more than safety this season.

Exactly

But of course as usual we should have stormed the game regardless because... errr... well JUST BECAUSE

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Now everyone's waking up this Sunday morning I"m fully expecting the usual braindead suggestions of

Nigel Pearson
Big Mick 
Big Sam
Anyone else called 'Big'
John Sheridan
Roland Nilsson
Dan Petrescu
Any ex-Wednesday player people can think of
Any managers with a reputation of just shouting a lot
Any managers with a reputation of just waving their arms a lot on the touchline

etc

One thing that depresses me more than anything about supporting this club is this, where our fellow fans regurgitate the same old names every single time they think they could suggest a new manager

Not only are the predictions (ironically) very predictable, but also demonstrate a total lack of footballing intelligence and reality

Add 'Paul Cook' and 'The Cowleys' to that list

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop