GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

11 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Yea starting on minus 12 is really an easier time, no other manager has had that to overcome such a deficit  😉

I am looking at the bigger picture, his total tenure since he has been here not just the last 4 games. You can't use the 12 point defecit for the inept performances last season.

Edited by A E Neuman NYowl
Sp
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Yea starting on minus 12 is really an easier time, no other manager has had that to overcome such a deficit  😉

That maybe the case, but what points do you consider is his target or even acceptable this season? 

It was a tight table last season, and Barnsley on 49 points needed Wigan' points deduction to be safe. I don't think Wycombe and Barnsley will get 49 points, so we need another weak team to keep the target to say 60 point, which is what Stuart Gray achieved with no money and fairly defensive tactics. 

Stuart Gray is essentially the benchmark for Monk to achieve this season.

25 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Ooh. Facetious . My point is clear. He made our final substitution too early this increasing our chances of being left with 10. The timing of Lees injury is irrelevant. He could have been injured a minute after Pelupessy came on. Too early and u necessary. But feel free to try to get cheap laughs.

Very true.

You lose two players to early injury and than you make your final substitute with more than 20 minutes to go. It was plain stupid decision making from Monk (not to use harder words) that probably cost us points.

14 hours ago, Jim said:

12 matches might be too late? Regardless of the whys and wherefores of today, we’ve conceded yet another late goal. Something we’ve done continually for the best part of a year and one of the reasons is this squad of players can’t execute the safety first tactics our manager insists on. 16 goals scored in 22 championship home games under Monk is an embarrassing record whichever way you dress it up. Anywhere else he would’ve been sacked by now?

Its not monk on the pitch Jim,and if you look at Bruce,he isnt impressing at Newcastle,so fickle can fans allegedly be......Monk needs time,so would any manager coming in,it would be certain relegation in view,to sack him now.we simply must give him time..he isnt responsible for starting -12 is he?..And a win and 2 draws is a perfectly acceptable start to a season...bet wilder wouldnt mind going into todays match with record  be PATIENT  its all we can do Jim..

9 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I am looking at the bigger picture, his total tenure since he has been here not just the last 4 games. You can't use the 12 point defecit for the inept performances last season.

Last season is irrelevant , totally has no baring on this one at all, different players different circumstances. The -12 is here and now ,you cannot ignore that, any manager would find that daunting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asio otus said:

Last season is irrelevant , totally has no baring on this one at all, different players different circumstances. The -12 is here and now ,you cannot ignore that, any manager would find that daunting.

Had we had managed another few points last season, the deduction may have occurred last season, we would have stayed up, and we wouldn't be starting on minus 12 this season.

• Like 4

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Had we had managed another few points last season, the deduction may have occurred last season, we would have stayed up, and we wouldn't be starting on minus 12 this season.

Thats absolute garbage.  There is no way on earth that it was going to be applied last season, it dragged on too long and its not over yet.

We lost the points because of DC , nobody else , not the manager or the players, it was the owner. End of.

Just now, Asio otus said:

No it's not irrelevant If you read my post I was comparing Monk and Jos over there whole periods in charge taking into account all of the circumstances.  You cant just cherry pick the bits that suit your argument.

Really is getting hard work trawling through some of the threads,and thread replies....the regular contributors all know each others views...

Do we have to have the same old,same old trotted out again & again? I just myself  now scroll past the monk is...%$&&**&&& as i simply can no longer be bothered to reply/rebut  WE KNOW   thats what you think,we have seen you post it,how many times ????  

FFS give it a rest, focus on the football on the field,and critique that...FAIRLY...without your 'monk' blinkers..lets have a footballing discussion,as Wednesdayites,& lose the meaningless hate..

WAWAW?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Don't know why some think we've made a reasonable start to the season. If we accrue the same percentage of points over the rest of it, we will get relegated with around 46 pts. I really do find it hard to believe that our home form has been so bad, and so few goals scored, that the manager is still being backed and indeed is still employed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

I'd take your own advice.

all you do is come on here to slag off wednesdayites

we get it, any need for another thread on it?

And it took how many posts before it started???  unbelievable.... & to answer your Q YES.....to flush out the worst culprits already succeeded  

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

And it took how many posts before it started???  unbelievable.... & to answer your Q YES.....to flush out the worst culprits already succeeded  

one post.

The one that you started with

10 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Thats absolute garbage.  There is no way on earth that it was going to be applied last season, it dragged on too long and its not over yet.

We lost the points because of DC , nobody else , not the manager or the players, it was the owner. End of.

The EFL wanted the apply it to last season but we're stopped because it would have relegated us. Has we achieved 13 points from the bottom 3 in would have been applied last season.