GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

I applaud those things but cannot ignore that based on the actual results of the first 4 games, all those things matter not one jot, as we will be in league 1 next season if we don’t improve. Given last season plus our long-standing home form under this manager it’s understandable that a number of us have little confidence in the manager’s ability to keep us in this division.

Which decent manager would join us if Monk was fired?  I’ll tell you who - not one of them; not a single one. 

No Wednesdayite is happy with our position and the number of points we have so for this week season but calling for the manager to go isn’t going to bring about a significant and immediate change of form. 

Anyway, if I’m wrong then please tell me who is going to come in and change things. I can’t identify a single available manager that we have mrealistic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Which decent manager would join us if Monk was fired?  I’ll tell you who - not one of them; not a single one. 

No Wednesdayite is happy with our position and the number of points we have so for this week season but calling for the manager to go isn’t going to bring about a significant and immediate change of form. 

Anyway, if I’m wrong then please tell me who is going to come in and change things. I can’t identify a single available manager that we have mrealistic 

Paul Cook, simple. He'd take the job. He's managed smaller clubs than us all his career up to now so would jump at the chance and is available and wouldn't cost any compo

But

Monk should get more time though as the new lads need to adapt. It won't happen overnight and let's face it 5 points having played Cardiff, Watford and Bristol City in the first month isn't a bad return. We'd have taken that at the start of the season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Good that we’ve got another 42 games to go then. It surprises me that people are watching and not seeing some progression in performance and it surprises more that supporters of the club don’t seem prepared to allow for bad luck and injuries anymore. Just maybe the internet generation are a bit entitled and unrealistic?

There is a whole lot of bad luck though isn’t there . This conceding With the last kick is beyond a joke , whatever the circumstances . For me there is progression , we have cleared out the over paid dead wood finally , and that’s a positive . The players also seem to want to do well . That won’t be enough to keep us up though 

Sick and tired of people reeling off our post xmas form like it has a bearing on the points total this season. If we had the same starting players and bench then absolutely it brings context but we haven't so it doesn't.

What is important is how we have looked so far this season and despite organisation and decent team spirit we don't look like we will score enough goals to get to 60 points. 

Concerned but let's see what happens before the window shuts 

It does seem like we can't shake our old habit of conceding late.

Lets not get too frustrated though OR too demanding of a newly built squad, the goal is to stay up this season. Its annoying to see -7 next to our name, it could've been -5. 

Our form is mid-table so far, lets keep driving towards 0 and assess where we are come the midpoint of the season.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We do.

Let's hope he can do it

If not Chansiri can remove and replace and make the haters happier

(until the next fella's had 12 minutes of his new career with us)

lol

Serious question Niel. How long would you give him if it continues like this?

Second half we scored, we hit the bar, we had a 30 pass move where QPR couldn't get close to us ending with a Reach volley that on another day maybe could have been the second goal, but we were negative and threw away the game, yeah right sure...

Key midfielder injured, primary defender injured, then replacement injured, then replacement injured, then Lees injured, then Lees leave the pitch and we're down to 10 men, but yeah we were negative and it was all Monk's fault, yeah right sure...

Did half the people bitching and moaning actually watch the match? Sure first half we weren't at it as much as we should have been, but we did ok, we were competitive and never really looked in danger, stepped it up second half despite a third defensive change and I thought we did fairly well, not brilliant but nowhere near as bad as some are making out, at full strength we would have won comfortably IMO.

And not forgetting a ref who blew for every little bit of physical contact in the first half as well, some of the calls for fouls against us were shocking!

• Like 2