GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

On the bright side, last season there were plenty of games where we’d lost before half time.

Today naturally feels like a loss. Take away the points deduction and we’d be in 13th place.

Possibility of a target man coming in next week- are things as bad as some make out.

Yes, there are now injuries, but we’ve got two weeks to regroup.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Because he is useless 

5 wins in last 26 league games. 

Enough said

he's not had 26 games with the squad hes built though has he

He's had 4....1 win, 2 draws and 1 defeat (against a team that have won all 4)

And you judge him on that

Enough said

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

It is not given that a manager that can gather a quality squad can get the best results out of a team with them.

Its not a given that he cant either.....so how about we stop guessing and judge him over more than 4 games with his own team

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

On the bright side, last season there were plenty of games where we’d lost before half time.

Today naturally feels like a loss. Take away the points deduction and we’d be in 13th place.

Possibility of a target man coming in next week- are things as bad as some make out.

Yes, there are now injuries, but we’ve got two weeks to regroup.

Even with the points deduction (which Im amortising over the whole season at 1 point every 4 games) we are still 14th with 4 points

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Can you point me to one single example when that's been the case under Chansiri?

He doesn't work like that

Hence the reason we continue to go backwards since he bought the club. 

23 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The squad is there, the manager isn't.

Time to bring in someone who know's what they are doing, someone with a proven track record,  someone who is a motivator and a winner.

That man is Nigel Pearson.

Winner? His last three jobs suggest otherwise

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

God forbid he gets 26 games, I dread to think what stat we will be in.

on current form with the squad he's built the stat would be 32 points......and based on last season around 13th place......with an appropriate points deduction by that stage of 7 points that would be 25 points and around 3 points from safety....hardly worth dreading

Edited by Ian

40 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Garry Monk learnt his trade and took his coaching badges at Swansea during a time they played their way out of the Championship playing beautiful, passing, possession-based football. As their manager he got them into the top half of the PL.

They were known as “Swansalona”. 

Flash forward just a few years and how has he ended up coaching a team to be scared of the ball and hump it forward as soon as it comes their way. Of never taking a short goal kick in 40+ games?

Bizarre. 

I think Birmingham were the missing link in evolving

I was prepared to give monk another chance this year. His own coaching staff a re shaping of the sqaud. 

The 4 points from on  paper was a solid  return for a diffucuk opening 3 games a solid start. Though the same old same old seems irreversible, were shocking at home. 

I can't just blame monk alone for how bad we are at home form wise, as this goes back years even with fans inside the ground or sat at home. It's our biggest achilles heel and needs sorting otherwise we'll be in a massive pickle come may. 

We don't score enough goals. 

We don't finish teams off. 

We don't put the game to bed when we're in the acendancy. Same old, we can always find an excuse to validate failure. Today was the injuries and going down to 10 men. But at the end of the day we failed yet again to stop the opposition scoring.a 95th minute equaliser. We've seen teams down to 10/9 men dig in and not concede against us, but once again our soft underbelly is exposed and we roll over. 

What is the answer, who knows, monk is struggling to address the situation and to be honest, I'm not sure who manager wise could sort it, but one thing is for certain, if we can't score goals, can't get that killer second, can't hold on with 10 mins to go. Then it's going to be one long assed painful seaon culminating in going down. 

The sides in relagation trouble after Christmas that stay up are the ones that pick up points and wins at home. 

• Love 2

16 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Wycombe are horrendous -10 goal difference already, 0 points and 0 goals scored. I wonder who their first win will be against...

Oh, we are brilliant at ending runs! 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Ian said:

Its not a given that he cant either.....so how about we stop guessing and judge him over more than 4 games with his own team

I'm just saying it's two different things. I haven't chosen sides yet. But Monk has everything to prove. I am still hopefull though.