GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

7 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Paul Cook, simple. He'd take the job. He's managed smaller clubs than us all his career up to now so would jump at the chance and is available and wouldn't cost any compo

But

Monk should get more time though as the new lads need to adapt. It won't happen overnight and let's face it 5 points having played Cardiff, Watford and Bristol City in the first month isn't a bad return. We'd have taken that at the start of the season

You were getting a plus until I read 'but'!

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, agentwalker said:

even worse was Bannan was aiming for the smallest player on the pitch in Harris with that ball.

Seriously?

You will be telling me that Moses was told to mark a bloke 2 Feet taller than him at corners next.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Not getting shut at the end of last season and allowing him to bring his backroom staff in is one of the biggest cockups by Chansiri and boy has there been plenty to choose from.

He should have been sacked when the season paused for the lockdown. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shandypants said:

Which decent manager would join us if Monk was fired?  I’ll tell you who - not one of them; not a single one. 

No Wednesdayite is happy with our position and the number of points we have so for this week season but calling for the manager to go isn’t going to bring about a significant and immediate change of form. 

Anyway, if I’m wrong then please tell me who is going to come in and change things. I can’t identify a single available manager that we have mrealistic 

Paul Cook 

• Haha 1

Monk once said on Sky sports news that Neil Warnock had been a mentor to him. Says it all about style of play. Shame he didn't pick up the man management skills. I think over the last few years he's gone from his side's playing football to direct crap. Thing with direct football is it entirely realise on goals. No goals then it's just awful to watch and boring with no wins......

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Reflecting on the season to date I do believe that if we keep the uninspliring and clueless Monk we have little chance of making the promised land of 17th place.

We have won one game at home since Christmas under Monk and that was in the 95th minute against a poor Charlton side who were subsequently relegated.

It is surely time for an In/Out Poll on Monk - he is the Emperor's Clothes.

I think Guardiola is the emperor's new clothes.

Nobody actually thinks Monk is good

People who want him are just demonstrating blind faith-presumably in the camp of thinking it doesn't help to change managers. However objectively I don't think these people think Monk is good, just that we can't get any better.

18 hours ago, Bez said:

Awful conditions but tactics were spot on. 

Play safe in the first half, looking to force QPR into an error. 

Defend incredibly given the injuries and conditions.  

Grow into the game, get the goal, nearly get another.   Constant pressure and harrying. 

Unlucky to concede because Lees went off.  

Well done boys.  Love this new attitude Wednesday.  

2134125319_tenor(4).gif.91973b96096b854628e2f83eaad36cce.gif

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Irrelevant

Two totally different situations

Anyone who compares  the situation Jos had to manage, with the  last 12 months at Sheffield Wednesday FC should never comment again on anything football related

Did you want rid of Jos, yes or no.? 

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

I disagree a Poll is an important barometer on the fans' view of the clueless Monk.

Lose the next two games and if the deduction stays on appeal we are likely to need 57 points from 40 games to be safe.

That is way above the points return achieved under Monk to date

No its not a fair barometer its just a way of Monk detractors to vent their frustration the Monk supporters will steer clear of it.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At least you've given them a fair and reasonable time to settle in

Monk's now in his longest managerial job of his career so far, here and nothing has changed even with his own staff. We still set up negatively at home, we still concede late goals and we're still winning hardly any games in the League. I don't see him going anytime soon but at the same time can't see him lasting the season. Something needs to change, either Monk's negative home tactics; the formation to suit the players we currently have, bringing in players to suit how we set up or eventually a managerial change. Seems like we're wasting resources on a below average manager, when a much better manager could get more out of our average playing squad. 

• Like 1