GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

Pearson would get this club in the prem and keep it there,it wouldnt be pretty to begin with,but hed build a solid base which is whats needed,were allover the shop at the back.

Once he got it there hed be pushing for trophies,hes a very ambitious manager,hed have been my choice

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wasn't aware  of that stat mate

I've missed the last 2353463434535799934693572345347 threads you've posted it in

Doesn’t make it any less of an alarming fact...

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The more it's posted the more numb I become to it

May be so, and I grant you that but it’s so alarming in a season where we have very little leeway... we need wins, it’s that stark and simple...

1 minute ago, Daz said:

May be so, and I grant you that but it’s so alarming in a season where we have very little leeway... we need wins, it’s that stark and simple...

We always need wins

The stats are a concern

But posting them every 8 seconds is going to convince or recruit nobody to the Grand Masonic Hall of Monk hatred

lol

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Bloody hell Macaulay Bonne, that spawny goal you scored because our in form centre back had to go off that we couldn’t replace because of all the other injuries we had seems to have decided our entire season. 

We need wins and lots of them, we can rue our bad luck and point to a whole host of things but we need at least 17 wins and 1 win in 4 doesn’t get us anywhere near it....

• Like 1

Do you think we can get to the minimum 17 wins needed based on what you have seen so far? 

1 win in 4 leaves us well short, and if that’s not a concern then I wonder what is. 

We we have to do better than we’ve done so far, and that’s a fact!

3 minutes ago, Daz said:

We need wins and lots of them, we can rue our bad luck and point to a whole host of things but we need at least 17 wins and 1 win in 4 doesn’t get us anywhere near it....

Good that we’ve got another 42 games to go then. It surprises me that people are watching and not seeing some progression in performance and it surprises more that supporters of the club don’t seem prepared to allow for bad luck and injuries anymore. Just maybe the internet generation are a bit entitled and unrealistic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not about hating, it’s about what this club needs to survive in this league, given a 12 point deficit. And right now, we are behind where we need to be, and performances have not exactly given rise to much confidence, so it’s understandable that fans are concerned, particularly with the history of how poor the last half of last season was. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Good that we’ve got another 42 games to go then. It surprises me that people are watching and not seeing some progression in performance and it surprises more that supporters of the club don’t seem prepared to allow for bad luck and injuries anymore. Just maybe the internet generation are a bit entitled and unrealistic?

We can rue our bad luck but the facts are that 1 win in 4 will see us relegated, end of. 

Agree but we can look at facts and use them as a reasonable basis for extrapolation... nobody can argue with the fact we must do better. I take no pride in that fact, as I wish we were ahead of the curve, but we simply aren’t and that’s a cause for concern, particularly when the performances have only deserved the points we have on the board.

7 minutes ago, Daz said:

Agree but we can look at facts and use them as a reasonable basis for extrapolation... nobody can argue with the fact we must do better. I take no pride in that fact, as I wish we were ahead of the curve, but we simply aren’t and that’s a cause for concern, particularly when the performances have only deserved the points we have on the board.

I think we are doing better in what I’ve seen. There’s never a magic switch that sets teams on for promotion and in recruitment, apparent team cohesion and performance I think there’s enough to see positive progression. I was as pissed off as anyone this afternoon but I don’t expect us to go from abject last season to perfect this season. Perfect never exists anyway and there’s always a transition and middle ground. Fine margins are an actual thing.

Edited by Everywhere & nowhere

I like your points and we all want a successful Wednesday. I’m not a Monk fan at all but desperately want him to convince me otherwise. It is indeed early days yet and how many times have we seen teams top the league after 4 games but ultimately end up battling relegation? 

My alarm is based on the second half at Bristol and the first half today. I don’t expect QPR to do anything else but struggle so today was very disappointing overall. These are the games where 3 points are vital given our deduction. We got what we deserved today I.e. 1 point and we really need to do better. I do hope we gel but it’s hard to see how based on today and given that 1 win in 4 (and 0 in 3) will see us relegated before March.

Edited by Daz