GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Who the hell are YOU? S36Owl's answer enforcer???

lol

GET OUT OF IT YA CLUMSY NUMBSKULL

lol

This is the way around people that won't answer closed questions I will answer for you, a priori, that yes you wanted Jos to be sacked.

You can contradict that yes for a no it you like,

Otherwise your next point @S36 OWL

Guest Bulgaria

Monk deserves more time, at least 10-15 games now he has his coaching team with him.

However, more performances like the second half at Bristol and the First half yesterday, then questions need to be asked about his future with us.

There is absolutely no doubt, regardless of circumstances that his record with us, especially at home is shocking.

33 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

People weren't complaining in the first half against Brizzie when we were playing some lovely stuff. We can't always play like we are Barcelona. Sometimes you have to try and win ugly.

One of the issues I have with the Monk out mob is the sheer short termism of their thinking. All they need is a single poor half, and that's enough to trigger a meltdown. I'm quite convinced  that if we'd held on for the win yesterday they would still have complained about the manner of the win - that we didn't win convincingly enough, that the football was poor, that we were lucky......... Take your pick.

If it hadn't been for the points deduction we would have been mid table and two points off the playoff places.

Go on then, I’ll bite...

We’ve been rubbish since Xmas both in terms of performances and results. That isn’t exactly short termism. 

People weren’t complaining in the first half against Bristol because we were the better team. At half time, Bristol tweaked their tactics and Monk had no idea how to counter them, so we lost the game. 

“People would’ve still complained if we’d won...” we didn’t though did we? We conceded in injury time and dropped points, again. 21 goals conceded after 85 minutes isn’t a coincidence. We dropped something like 40 points from winning positions last season. 

I’m prepared to give him a few more games with his own players and backroom staff before completely writing him off, but we can’t afford to keep rewarding failure this season of all seasons — relegation would be catastrophic for the club. We all want what’s best for Wednesday and I don’t care who the manager is (within reason) as long as they’re getting results on the pitch. If they can’t get results then we need to bring in a manager who can, it’s as simple as that

• Like 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Any chance of a simple yes or know answer to my question? 

I don't see why your question has ANY relevance to anything at all

It's not about ME - it never is - I'm just an ordinary fan like everyone else

I don't know why you all elevate me to some kind of god status

I've never claimed to be a god

It's not for ME to say I'm as holy as Jesus

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just to save time here, I'm guessing s36 is trying to get owlstalk to admit he wanted jos sacked so he can compare the 2 records to make his point. But owlstalk is refusing to fall for it and pointing out, rightly in my opinion, that the comparison is pointless due to the differing circumstances. 

• Like 1

Do good managers exist? 

Who are they, and why so elusive to Sheffield Wednesday. 

We seem to repeat this familiar pattern. What's the missing peice of the puzzle - it baffles my tiny mind when I try and figure it out. 

What does Monk need to do to be that manager, our Wilder...? 

Not an easy one eh

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Go on then, I’ll bite...

We’ve been rubbish since Xmas both in terms of performances and results. That isn’t exactly short termism.  

It's cherry picking a  short run of games that you want to use to bash the manager though

Bet you were  ok  on the games up to Christmas

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Seems like a million times. Even though I was mega disappointed we appointed Monk I have tried to get behind him. But I have seen enough now to know he won’t get us where we want to be. I’ve known for a while. I think most of us know this. His continuing baffling team selections and suicidal substitutions came to a head yesterday when he took off an attacking midfielder and replaced him with a substandard defensive midfielder to invite pressure on us when we were finally getting on top, in the process using our final substitution way too early. It was unnecessarily risky when the 18 year old guy he took off could have run all afternoon. And AGAIN his stupidity cost us with Lees injury. I have never known a manager make such poor substitutions and I have been subjected to some poor managers.

But now I am in that familiar no mans land where I know we are going nowhere but have to wait until the inevitable happens and we start again with a new manager. It’s like holding on to a rising balloon. The longer you hold on the more it hurts when you let go. Please let go DC - we are heading for outer space.

Why was Monk to blame for Lees injury?

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Why was Monk to blame for Lees injury?

He was to blame for using our last substitution too early and not holding one back in case of injury. I thought it was pretty clear.

37 minutes ago, the monk said:

He once said diplomatically when asked about it he wouldn't want the hassle as he lives in the city and people take it as gospel  forgetting we already had a manager at the time .

Shall I drive 15 minutes to work or commute 180 miles ? Hmm tricky 

When asked last year

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/big-interview-former-sheffield-wednesday-captain-nigel-pearson-playing-managing-and-living-steel-city-67443%3famp

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

He was to blame for using our last substitution too early and not holding one back in case of injury. I thought it was pretty clear.

Of course, if he HADN'T used our last substitution, people would have complained that he had missed an opportunity to change the game.

It's easy to be a manager when you have 20-20 hindsight.

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

You said Lees injury was Monks fault 

If Lees had not gone off injured no one would have batted an eye about using the last sub too early 

So in your eyes we should never use all 3 subs ? 
we should always keep one back in case someone gets injured in the last few minutes?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Interesting.

I've never come across this notion before, but you could be on to something.

Given that Lees went off injured on the 95th minute, I assume your tactic would be for managers to always keep a third substitution in reserve until this point in case of injury?

:duntmatter:

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You work with the players at your disposal.

Would you encourage short goal kicks with a back three of Lees, van Aken and Iorfa (or Shaw / Palmer / Odubajo as we saw yesterday)?

It sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

No. I would not encourage short goal kicks.

I chuckle at a lot of televised games where premiership clubs are doing this, often resulting in dodgy turns from the GK (1v1), and if they get out of jail they have to skud it.