Sell Adam Reach

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah probably true that mate 👍

I share your frustration, as I suspect a lot of us do, but imo Reach is in the same boat as Westwood and Rhodes. As a club we 'overvalued' in a variety of ways, price paid, contract length and salaries.

Recruitment of the last ~18 months suggests we've learnt the lessons and the are the last 3 (not counting BB) that we're 'stuck' with.

He's another one where we were terrified to sell when his stock was high, and are now probably going to let him go for peanuts/nothing. 

Reach is yet another example of our failure to price our own players and sell at their peak value.

With the way some fans are going off you can see the same happening with Iorfa and we'll be stuck in the Championship or lower forever or at least until our lizard overlords reveal themselves. 

2 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

He’s not a striker, he’s not a central midfielder, he’s a left winger or at a push a left wing back.

Play him there or not at all. He can fight it out with Penney, although he’s probably the better player out of the two, in my opinion. 

Problem with Reach is that he’s nowhere near aggressive enough. Which is hugely frustrating as he has some serious talent. Not once have I ever seen him dominate a game or grab a game by the balls and do the business 

• Like 1

Tin hat firmly on - what is Reach's realistic price?

Given my previous posts, I don't think any other club will pay us anything to take Reach because they don't want to match the salary he's on here (and he I suspect won't accept a pay cut).

I don't know his salary, but if I didn't think he'd contribute this season and if I really wanted him gone, I'd offer to give him £390k to leave now (if he's on £20k per week he'd earn £780k before he leaves in June - so I'd offer him half now).

Edited by Lime Tree Heros

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Offload Reach asap

We just don’t need him anymore 

He doesn't fit into our team or tactics anymore and he is good enough to be playing elsewhere.

If he goes he's off the payroll too meaning we could bring in a new face to challenge for a first team place in a position they're native in

Random post!! 

3 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

One of our most talented players. Great engine, versatile and capable of reaching heights most of our squad couldn't dream of.

He's been off the boil for a year when he was asked to basically carry the team solo, now he needs games and confidence.

Reminds me a lot of Antonio going through a bad spell and everyone getting on his back. Brunt too. And Whelan.

We'll never learn.

Reminds me more of joao to be honest bud, has all the skill and technical ability, to be a real quality player, probably mid table premier y, he's just not got the mental ability to be a really top player. 

He's just not mentally tough enough and lacks that self confidence if things aren't perfect in his world. 

Surely clubs will jump at the chance to sign him 😂 every commentator I’ve heard mention his name recently speak about how good he his. I can’t deny some of the wonder strikes he’s produced but I struggle to see what’s good about him anymore I’d take the cash and reinvest 

There are good points being made on both sides of this.

I agree that Reach hasn't looked the same player for a while now and a decent offer if one were to come in would have to be considered.

Slightly disagree that he doesn't fit into the system, he could play in a few different positions. You could argue the best form Adam Reach showed for Wednesday was in a similar system to this.

In my opinion he's lacking in confidence, he needs a goal. Similar to his first season he looked slightly unsure of himself and seemed to improve after smashing one in at Preston.

• Thanks 1

We all watched Reach carry the team for a long time (when we had apparent top players who couldn’t be bothered) and score some screamers - he’s a quality player and has my full respect for his performances. He’s absolutely the last person in our squad that needs much criticism. If he’s not part of the plan then yes move on but let’s not pretend that we haven’t seen what a player he can be.

• Like 1