Sell Adam Reach

14 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I have never rated Reach and it’s ironic you compared him to Antonio. After our first season under Carlos I felt we needed a couple of big games players to take the extra step, but mainly a fast winger. Instead we did exact opposite. Signing Reach for me was the beginning of the end for Carlos. He bought Exactly the wrong type of player and spaffed 7 million quid in the process. Being reliant on Reach and Bannan (I like Bannan a lot) meant we would be slow , methodical and easy to predict.  Eventually it caught up with him, but to me Reachs signing goes a long way to explaining how we ended up in this position. The only two things I can say about him is that occasionally he scores Worldy’s/ puts a good cross in and he isn’t Injury prone although the latter is because he never tackles. I really do not rate him at all and have not since he came . We needed an Antonio but bought a Reach. Shocking signing only bettered by Rhodes and abdi. Plenty of people like him but if we all thought the same life would be boring.

How I feel too

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh he was alright yesterday to be fair, as he can be on occasion

On enough occasions for him to win player of the year and on enough occasions to have the most assists, or second most assists in a season, despite his main rival, Bannan taking corners and free kicks!

Surely to get better as a team, you keep your best players and get more of the same quality if you can. I would like to see a team on the pitch for us where every player can be a contender for man of the match and last season Reach was way off his best, but injured, never fully fit and played out of position. Lets see him stay on the left, he got an assist first time back and it was only our bad luck with defensive injuries and the ref's watch that let them steal two points yesterday.

After his injury last season, Reach played 200 minutes (= 2 matches) of football. We was lousy. As were we.

Prior to that, in the 14,800 minutes (= 164 matches) he played for us, he was one of our best, most reliable, most consistent, most productive players.

Some of you say he’s been awful at LWB. He started ONCE at LWB, at Swansea. He put over two all but unmissable crosses on a plate....we missed them. He got the wrong side of his attacker, tugged his shirt and conceded a pen. “He can’t defend”. Because of course Moses, Penney, Palmer, Borner, Lees and Iorfa - vastly experienced defenders - never get on the wrong side of their man or challenge crudely.

His qualities - reliability, fitness, effort, can cross, can shoot, can run all day long, pacy over a distance.

His weaknesses - poor header, weak tackler.

Get real. He’s competing with the emerging-at-best Penney and the wrong-footed Harris. If he was competing with a Worthington,King or even Fox there’s a debate. Competing with the current crop he’s head, shoulder and Alice-band above them.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

On enough occasions for him to win player of the year and on enough occasions to have the most assists, or second most assists in a season, despite his main rival, Bannan taking corners and free kicks!

Surely to get better as a team, you keep your best players and get more of the same quality if you can. I would like to see a team on the pitch for us where every player can be a contender for man of the match and last season Reach was way off his best, but injured, never fully fit and played out of position. Lets see him stay on the left, he got an assist first time back and it was only our bad luck with defensive injuries and the ref's watch that let them steal two points yesterday.

You are more confident about him than me