Sell Adam Reach

38 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Why don’t you just explain why we should get rid of Reach? I have enjoyed (agreed) with your post about Monk and the positive vibes within the squad/club. 

Then you post this nonsense? 

It’s not against positive vibes to suggest we offload Reach who no longer has any position within the team, and replace him with someone that will.

It would move one unhappy displaced player out and bring in someone to genuinely challenge for a starting place

Owlstalk Shop

Random OP albeit following a trend.

I don't disagree with notion of letting him go as he'll leave for free next season anyway. Doesn't fit our system and will no doubt regress further as the season progresses and he's reduced to a bit part playing out of position.

Shame, because for a season or two he was our best player.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Is he our Callum Paterson? Harris is accused of not using Paterson right whilst Monk doesn’t know how to use Reach.

LWB would be his best position, competing with Penney. IMO

But his contract is up soon and we can’t be letting him go for free next summer 

Swap deal? 😂

Just now, Morepork said:

Random OP albeit following a trend.

I don't disagree with notion of letting him go as he'll leave for free next season anyway. Doesn't fit our system and will no doubt regress further as the season progresses and he's reduced to a bit part playing out of position.

Shame, because for a season or two he was our best player.

I just saw a post about new strikers coming in and realised that’s Adam Reach’s last and only opportunity of playing again here GONE

So we should offload him ASAP, bring some £££ in and replace 

Anyone suggesting otherwise or crying about this thread will probably be the same types who want ‘westy’ ‘nando’ and ‘hutch’ back

Owlstalk Shop

I’m very much in the minority in the sense I’ve never rated him as much as some on here and I’ve took some flack for having this view.

He has ability. You don’t score the goals he has in his career if he hasn’t. For me he’s suffered like a fair few players who were signed during the Carlos era. Players who were brought in but there wasn’t a preconceived idea of where they were going to be or how to be used effectively. I think Rhodes and Winnall can be counted amongst this group too?

As has already been said he finds himself playing for a manager who uses a system where there is no obvious fit for him? Some would say left wing-back but after his performance there last season against Swansea it’ll be a long time if ever Monk plays him there again.

I think we should try to move him on but the likelihood is we won’t because he’s not an attractive signing for other clubs due to the contract he’s on here and the money DC would likely want?

He’ll see the season out here like Rhodes, Westwood and maybe Lees and Bannan and bugger off on a free like most of the big money/ highly paid players of the Carlos era. 

Change is coming here and Reach like a lot of players of our recent past and present won’t be a part of it IMO?

Should sit him down and make him watch highlights of his time with us - wonder goals against Leeds, performance against Villa away etc. Annoying thing is, there is a good player in there getting paid decent wages. Just wish he would toughen himself up a bit. Got the physique to put himself about more and get stuck in.

I suspect Reach and Westwood are in the same situation.

Both will leave for free next June, both are available for transfer, both are currently on salaries with us no other club will meet, both don't want to take a pay cut - therefore neither will leave unless we pay up their contract.

The big difference is Reach's attitude, despite all the above and his loss of form and being played in various positions, he's prepared to fight for his place and play a part for the team - Westwood isn't.

Simply put, he's not going anywhere imo because other clubs don't think he's value for money.

• Like 1

Why not put up a decent thread explaining that then as opposed to one that runs contrary to the way you've posted about Monk and getting behind the team?

And the bloke running this place really needs to be better than that line below, I don't understand why you'd respond with that?

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone suggesting otherwise or crying about this thread will probably be the same types who want ‘westy’ ‘nando’ and ‘hutch’ back

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just saw a post about new strikers coming in and realised that’s Adam Reach’s last and only opportunity of playing again here GONE

So we should offload him ASAP, bring some £££ in and replace 

Or they might just disagree with you or think you're hypocritical.....rather than 'crying'.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I suspect Reach and Westwood are in the same situation.

Both will leave for free next June, both are available for transfer, both are currently on salaries with us no other club will meet, both don't want to take a pay cut - therefore neither will leave unless we pay up their contract.

The big difference is Reach's attitude, despite all the above and his loss of form and being played in various positions, he's prepared to fight for his place and play a part for the team - Westwood isn't.

Simply put, he's not going anywhere imo because other clubs don't think he's value for money.

Yeah probably true that mate 👍

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope - just crying

Nice of you to have a go at joining in though x

Right, let's have a try at being constructive. What's your take on a reasonable price for him, Neil? £5m? £2m? Freebie as long as the buyer picks up all his wages? I'm not sure anyone will give us two bob for him right now, alas...

1 minute ago, Dooogs said:

Right, let's have a try at being constructive. What's your take on a reasonable price for him, Neil? £5m? £2m? Freebie as long as the buyer picks up all his wages? I'm not sure anyone will give us two bob for him right now, alas...

That's the thing  - I don't know

I just know that he's not really got place here in the team anymore - there's nowhere that he fits, and he can't play other positions successfully

His wages didn't even come into it for me - Chansiri's loaded - we keep getting told that repeatedly by folk on here - so it doesn't matter if him and 'westy' stay here until their contracts end.

I was just coming at it from an Adam Reach perspective where it's best for him to go elsewhere and play football in a first team

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Django said:

The guys form has completely fell off a cliff during the past 18 months 

Anything north of £1.5m and its time to say goodbye 

He's not going to play any games for us this season
His wages will be massssssive
Even if we got paid NOTHING and he went to another club we'd make so much money from the money we'd save not paying him those wages anymore

Owlstalk Shop