Callum Paterson

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The lad seems a bit of a character and likes to celebrate his goals.

Still not convinced that he's the answer to the squads defiecies but plenty seem to rate him so hopefully he will bring something positive to the club. 

Yes he speaks the same language as Bannan. 

4 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Really think a lot will be surprised with Paterson? He puts himself about wherever he plays is strong good in the air and likes a scrap? If we get him for say 1-2 m I think we’ll get good value for money? He ob not prolific but adds something we defo lacking atm 

Agreed Mick.

Too many with opinions on here who don’t understand the game / have never played it to understand the game / base their opinions on Football manager, or listening to 2nd rate football pundits who steal a living talking about clubs and players they know nothing about.

Monk seems to have sorted out a system and players he thinks he can rely upon. Also seems to know what gaps he wants to fill, and the type of players that will fit into his system. He’s identifying hard working grafters that will fit into his playing strategy, who will work hard for the team, basically building a jigsaw and looking for the last few pieces.

We’re more focused on building a team, and not so focused on brilliant individuals who might not fit into the work ethic or team ethos. Monk has learned from mistakes

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Personally I’m sold on @edinburghowl assessment of the boy. 

I think it’s clear to see that Monk is trying to build a dressing room of good characters who will give their all for the club. Good signs IMO. 

Fully agree with this.

All who have signed so far have one thing in common they have high rate work and are all team players. This is something we have not always had at Wednesday.

Personally think this is exactly what we need this season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

Fully agree with this.

All who have signed so far have one thing in common they have high rate work and are all team players. This is something we have not always had at Wednesday.

Personally think this is exactly what we need this season.

Also it has shown time and time again to be VERY successful at this level.

Them lot over the City, Leeds and Cardiff in recent years... All hard working teams.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Ok, let’s leave the Zohore issue, it seems we’ve been priced out of that one anyway, but remember he too was a Monk target. With regards to Patterson, do you see him as our centre forward? Those attributes you mention do suggest he could be a useful addition to the squad, but as a utility player. 
Actually, utility player perhaps paints the wrong picture, maybe more a player who can bring something to several areas of the pitch. My stance would be, we still need a centre forward, someone who can lead the line and bring others into play. 

No I don’t see Patterson as the centre forward we all want used more as a second striker by Cardiff , he would be a fantastic addition to the team/squad and add to the team ethic Monk is aiming for. Would definitely improve the group being assembled, 

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Isn't that Windass position playing off the strikers?   

Certainly need another forward.

yes that’s what I thought, imo Windass, Kachunga and now it sounds like Paterson are best playing off a target man? Something we still haven’t got.