Callum Paterson

20 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Happy to state I am pleased with this signing, and expect him to be a big hit, scoring a few goals for us, potentially getting double figures. I suspect he will provide a pleasant surprise and make an immediate impact with his physical presence and heading ability, especially from set plays. That’s free kicks and corners to you lot. 😇

let’s keep Bannan away from set plays then :tango:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I’m sure I saw him playing for Lincoln away at Barnsley (I was on a spying mission for Jack Charlton around 1980) and thought he looked a really handful but not to clever with his feet.

He forced me into a rethink when he played for us. 

Yeah he wasn't bad was he.  A typical no nonsense centre forward  but for a big bloke could play a bit. 

25 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Same here, and I've seen him quite often for Cardiff, those that haven't I suspect will be pleasantly surprised. I believe Paterson is a smart signing and a player that will suit us and will be liked here. 

At least we know our football. Not sure where others get their acquired knowledge from sometimes.

Happy with all our recruitment this summer so far. Been very astute with signings that have provided VFM for players with desire. Going to see a team that never stops running, is organised, and has a real go with 100%ers this season.

Monk might be on to something you know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest Bulgaria
11 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I’m sure I saw him playing for Lincoln away at Barnsley (I was on a spying mission for Jack Charlton around 1980) and thought he looked a really handful but not to clever with his feet.

He forced me into a rethink when he played for us. 

Just as a matter of interest, did you get paid for Spying/Scouting?

What a job that would be.

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

At least we know our football. Not sure where others get their acquired knowledge from sometimes.

Happy with all our recruitment this summer so far. Been very astute with signings that have provided VFM for players with desire. Going to see a team that never stops running, is organised, and has a real go with 100%ers this season.

Monk might be on to something you know.

Will be out by Christmas

28 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Just as a matter of interest, did you get paid for Spying/Scouting?

What a job that would be.

Sorry, must have misled with my earlier post. 
Like most 12 year old Sheffield lads I was just football mad. 
Jumpers for goal posts and all that.
I think this trip was a midweek cup game, just before Curran had a field day in the season opener. Dad sold it to me as part of our summer holiday, and I loved it.

He took me everywhere, for some reason I hated going to Elland Road, a sign of things to come.

I never thought back then you’d get paid for being a scout, and I wouldn’t have given Tony Cunningham a second look. 

garymegson

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

1 hour ago, Quist said:

I would agree with that. We will be into wo games a week and think with high energy side we need midweek team and weekend team. Windass has looked quicker than last season his form has been a pleasant surprise and can see him and Paterson working well together. Windass only quick optionso another required.

A bonus Paterson brings is his very long throws actually think he his probably best at taking throw ins currently.

Our throw ins definitely need an upgrade and a bit of variety. Why does only one of our players go towards the thrower. We need 2 or 3 options to receive the ball. It's repetitive every game.

A long throw option will give variety but we need to work on all our set pieces. Bannan shouldn't take corners or free kicks either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quist said:

I would agree with that. We will be into wo games a week and think with high energy side we need midweek team and weekend team. Windass has looked quicker than last season his form has been a pleasant surprise and can see him and Paterson working well together. Windass only quick optionso another required.

A bonus Paterson brings is his very long throws actually think he his probably best at taking throw ins currently.

in a way it’s a shame that Paterson is the one with the long throws because it sounds like he would be perfect to be in the box attacking the long throws with how good he is the air. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, prowl said:

Our throw ins definitely need an upgrade and a bit of variety. Why does only one of our players go towards the thrower. We need 2 or 3 options to receive the ball. It's repetitive every game.

A long throw option will give variety but we need to work on all our set pieces. Bannan shouldn't take corners or free kicks either.

You are correct throw ins have been a weakness often no one to throw to. Set pieces have varied in quality greatly. We should have scored several more headed goals. However think they have improved enormously from last year. Patterson has a gigantic throw which could be used to set speed players away as well as posing threat in box. Definitely willupgade things.

Think Bannan is ok with cross from free kick but shone so far this season. Strong wind in last game really hampered crossing in last game Bannan floaty balls were not suited to it.