Callum Paterson

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Seriously?  What makes you say that?  Cardiff fans on the whole seem indifferent to him leaving, what do you see in him? Must admit I've never noticed him before. 

That happens with a lot of players at most clubs take Nuhui for instance. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

That happens with a lot of players at most clubs take Nuhui for instance. 

That's the impression I have been getting reading about him from Cardiff fans that he's a Nuhiu type player in that he gives it 100% will run through brick walls, has sudden bursts of skill but has no idea whats going off. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's the impression I have been getting reading about him from Cardiff fans that he's a Nuhiu type player in that he gives it 100% will run through brick walls, has sudden bursts of skill but has no idea whats going off. 

Well on the up side he is younger apparently they all say he gives 100% so let's hope Beattie can work his magic and turn him into a good striker. 

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Nuhiu couldn’t run at all, never mind through brick walls

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In my minds eye Patersons No 9 partner is a 6' 7" Black guy weighing in at 13 st 12 lb a few minutes walk across his chest who can run 100 meters in 11 seconds flat who has in him a Bullet header and a Rocket shot who meets corners and free kicks at both ends of the pitch with consummate ease.  Shouldn't be too hard to find Att.

I fear what his Dad may think Nev when he finds out his lad has been on the internet seeking a big, black, athletic, man.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It’s what the Cardiff media and fans are stating the rumoured fee to be on twitter.

Joe Ralls being sold to Bristol C too apparently 

Very surprised to see Ralls and Paterson allowed to leave, especially after Mendez-Laing getting his contract terminated. If you asked me a year or two ago, which players I'd like from Cardiff, I'd have said Ralls, Tomlin and Paterson. That's some decent players they've lost recently, they must have someone decent lined up or their fans will be dejected after making the play-offs last season and they still receive parachute payments too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Very surprised to see Ralls and Paterson allowed to leave, especially after Mendez-Laing getting his contract terminated. If you asked me a year or two ago, which players I'd like from Cardiff, I'd have said Ralls, Tomlin and Paterson. That's some decent players they've lost recently, they must have someone decent lined up or their fans will be dejected after making the play-offs last season and they still receive parachute payments too. 

Would have loved to have Tomlin here at some stage but his appearances now are mostly from the bench 

• Like 1

Just now, hugeowl said:

Would have loved to have Tomlin here at some stage but his appearances now are mostly from the bench 

Me too but he's still a key player and an impact player for them. One that still gets goals and assists for them, albeit with a lot of substitute appearances but a clever player that improves them whenever he's on the pitch. When I've seen them in recent years, it's been the likes of Tomlin, Ralls or Paterson, that's often rescued them in games, along with their big centre backs. 

Harris doesn’t seem overly happy that he’s being sold which is a positive sign.  Obviously Cardiff may want to go in a different direction with their squad but from the sounds of things we will be getting a very useful player.  

If we can get Paterson, a younger forward and Sanderson before the window closes then that would be very good business.  

• Like 2

Happy to state I am pleased with this signing, and expect him to be a big hit, scoring a few goals for us, potentially getting double figures. I suspect he will provide a pleasant surprise and make an immediate impact with his physical presence and heading ability, especially from set plays. That’s free kicks and corners to you lot. 😇

• Like 4

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Happy to state I am pleased with this signing, and expect him to be a big hit, scoring a few goals for us, potentially getting double figures. I suspect he will provide a pleasant surprise and make an immediate impact with his physical presence and heading ability, especially from set plays. That’s free kicks and corners to you lot. 😇

Same here, and I've seen him quite often for Cardiff, those that haven't I suspect will be pleasantly surprised. I believe Paterson is a smart signing and a player that will suit us and will be liked here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I think this is Monks best signing. What we need now is a rapid kid up front from the Premier League under 23’s. Brewster type. 

I would agree with that. We will be into wo games a week and think with high energy side we need midweek team and weekend team. Windass has looked quicker than last season his form has been a pleasant surprise and can see him and Paterson working well together. Windass only quick optionso another required.

A bonus Paterson brings is his very long throws actually think he his probably best at taking throw ins currently.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Same here, and I've seen him quite often for Cardiff, those that haven't I suspect will be pleasantly surprised. I believe Paterson is a smart signing and a player that will suit us and will be liked here. 

Paterson, Palmer and Bannan could be the triangular combination to break the Scottish World Cup Code !