Callum Paterson

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Cardiff City fan - “Should let him move on. We’re not sure what his best position is. He’s OK for being a bit physical, mixing it up playing as striker, and scoring some goals, but apart from that......”.

Erm, being physical, mixing it up, and scoring a few goals? Is that all he does?

Some fans are spoilt aren’t they?

So, basically, we can now define him.

1)A replacement for Nuhiu apart from he’s better starting games, not coming on as sub

2)A replacement for Nuhiu apart from he’s more physical and more domineering of defenders

3)A replacement for Nuhiu apart from him being a better header of the ball and finisher than Nuhiu

4)A replacement for Nuhiu apart from him scoring more regularly

5)A replacement for Nuhiu except that he’s more athletic and gives 100% every game

6)A replacement for Nuhiu except he can also play at full back, defensive and attacking midfield, right midfield and in the no.10 slot

Plays for Scotland rather than Kosovo although admittedly there’s not much difference.

Have I missed much out Edinburgh Owl?

Message for Grandad. In Respect of your earlier question. I too am struggling to understand why we didn’t just keep Nuhiu unless the statements above, alluded to by fans who saw him play at Cardiff, are correct. Toyah Wilcox innit.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Agreed Mick.

Too many with opinions on here who don’t understand the game / have never played it to understand the game / base their opinions on Football manager, or listening to 2nd rate football pundits who steal a living talking about clubs and players they know nothing about.

Monk seems to have sorted out a system and players he thinks he can rely upon. Also seems to know what gaps he wants to fill, and the type of players that will fit into his system. He’s identifying hard working grafters that will fit into his playing strategy, who will work hard for the team, basically building a jigsaw and looking for the last few pieces.

We’re more focused on building a team, and not so focused on brilliant individuals who might not fit into the work ethic or team ethos. Monk has learned from mistakes

Top post Owlsman 👏👏👏

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

So the big question is will he be given the number 9 shirt? Personally I hope not, if he isn’t it would show we still are after another striker. 

I think you'll be disappointed; looks like we'll be going with Rhodes, Windass, Kachunga, Paterson plus Reach in emergencies and Adedoyin on the fringes as our strike force. 

Not particularly exciting, but if we can get double figures from each of the main 4, should be ok. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

I think you'll be disappointed; looks like we'll be going with Rhodes, Windass, Kachunga, Paterson plus Reach in emergencies and Adedoyin on the fringes as our strike force. 

Not particularly exciting, but if we can get double figures from each of the main 4, should be ok. 

I reckon we’d be pushing our luck going with only those

I reckon we’re still after a proper no.9.

I think we’ll have had a total budget in mind for all our signings and the more we save on fees and loans on other signings will allow us know how much we can spend on our new striker. And by definition, which one of the strikers on our shopping list we can afford.

Would be my guess.

Edited by theowlsman

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That last bit is interesting, to be honest I haven’t seen much of that myself in my limited viewings It’s an area that most feel, while assessing his attributes, is not one of his strong points. If his link up play, and control, is underrated, then along with his stronger attributes, he may well be able to convert to a centre forward. Being a strong header, and running around a lot, isn’t enough in a modern day forward

It's a start and we've had strikers couldn't do either. Don't ask who, I'm trying to forget.lol

• Haha 2

Assuming he signs, I suspect we'll go with what we've got up front for the rest of the year and look at it again in January.

If Iorfa is sold, I think we'll bring someone like Sanderson in and save the rest of the money for topping-up the finances and spending in January wherever it's required.

4 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Assuming he signs, I suspect we'll go with what we've got up front for the rest of the year and look at it again in January.

If Iorfa is sold, I think we'll bring someone like Sanderson in and save the rest of the money for topping-up the finances and spending in January wherever it's required.

Sanderson WILL sign.

Is my guess.