Fulham -V- Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

15 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry but for me that starting lune up was not acceptable. Throwing kids under the bus against Premier League opposition.

Why can’t fit lads like Bannan, Iorfa, Lees play?

I tell you now, we would have had a good chance of winning that if we’d just mixed some seniors with the kids, but oh no, our manager would rather just have a week on the training pitch.  He’s still a poor manager in my opinion.

"Thrown the kids under a bus "    🤣🤣          You block heeead

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

They've gained valuable experience & didn't capitulate after going 2 down.  If anybody threw them under a bus it was the senior pros like Borner, Palmer & Reach who didn't match the youngsters effort & application.

Reach worked damn hard all night.

He got minimal service.

Its absolutely ludicrous that he is playing in that position 

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He got minimal service.

He was poor second half, started his pointing and arm waving again 

He has some quality but has the heart of a pea 

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He got minimal service.

For me he was ok 1st half but not 2nd. Totally agree playing him upfront is ludicrous, either play him where he's suited or try to offload him if he's not going to be playing.

12 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Monk haters couldn't wait for this result. Even with a young side  who  put  in a decent showing 

It really does feel like some feel the need to berate Monk at any opportunity, this being the first one this season.

Seems a strange mindset to me. As far as I can see he's currently doing the best he can with what he has at the moment which is a small squad with a large proportion of youngsters who need experience. 

Its entirely possible we will need some of these kids to play in crunch games as the season goes on and tonight's experience will be invaluable in that scenario.

Edited by Dunkstar
  • Like 1

We’ve lost 2-0 to a side we lost 5-3 not that long ago. Sort of reflects the start of the season so far where we seem to be better defensively but short of goalscorers which in all fairness we are.

Shaw, Brennan, Waldock and FDB have all got a chance of making it here and tonight by and large will have been a decent experience for them.

Still think there is a question mark over some of the senior pros? Inconsistency is definitely a problem for the likes of Palmer, Borner and Reach at the moment.

I suppose tonight gets forgotten if we get a decent result at Bristol City but in order to do that we’ve got to find a goal or two from somewhere? 3 blanks in 5 tells you what we all knew before the start of the season, we’ve got a goalscoring problem and I haven’t got a clue how we are going to solve it. What I do know is persevering with Rhodes and Reach as forwards in this formation isn’t going to work unless we bring in a target man and ask Rhodes to stay forward rather than expect him to chase, harry the opposition and generally run himself into the ground?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Glad we gave the fringe players and youngsters a game, no shame in losing 2-0 to a near full strength premier league team. 

Can focus on not getting relegated now, why risk any of the starting players? 

We can focus on auto promo rather than the play offs.

UTO

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Glad we gave the fringe players and youngsters a game, no shame in losing 2-0 to a near full strength premier league team. 

Can focus on not getting relegated now, why risk any of the starting players? 

This.

We've clearly used these cup games like friendlies. We won't win it and getting the points back from our deduction is way more important. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

No issue with the side. The lads who beat Rochdale deserved to keep their spots. We’re not going to win this competition. It’s all about the league. All fine with me 

Yes a big  step for our young team tonight. A bit more experience for them, but not quite good enough tonight in the two areas that matter most, just in front of either goal. I thought we missed the bite of extra guile and in your face attacking style that Hunt has shown recently, but ultimately we had too many players straight out of academy football all on the pitch at the same time against a premiership team with a few seasoned pros and expensive talent who have all been warned to up their game. We held our own and battled well for the most part, but ultimately none of our team really shone tonight and it always felt as though we needed a big upset to get through this one.

On to Bristol next, hopefully with a couple of goals and a point or three.

• Like 1