Fulham -V- Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

FT reflections 

Not a bad night all things considered

Palmer and Börner absolutely abysmal 

Odubajo moves ahead of Penney in the LWB pecking order for me (much as a prefer left footers on the left)

Why the hell are we playing Reach upfront?

Shaw the pick of the young guns. Waldock faded badly after a good start, Brennan much better in second half

Kachunga did. himself no favours either 

I think Waldock was a bit dazed after that head clash

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Kachunga did. himself no favours either 

You just reminded me that I missed him off my list of players who I was impressed with tonight, haha.

Thought he was really good in the first half, seemed to be all over the place pressuring their back line and indirectly creating us lots of opportunities by making them misplace passes. He's got strength, pace, good feet and strong in the air. Faded in the second, but most did after we missed that early chance to be fair.

Very excited to see him more this season.

Disappointed with the result, but pleased with the level we competed at against very good opposition.

Not too much in the attacking areas, but Shaw impressed me again. Pelupessy also got through a lot of work, marshalling a very inexperienced midfield. 

These players won't face any better teams in the championship this season and this experience will help when called on. 

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Sorry but for me that starting lune up was not acceptable. Throwing kids under the bus against Premier League opposition.

Why can’t fit lads like Bannan, Iorfa, Lees play?

I tell you now, we would have had a good chance of winning that if we’d just mixed some seniors with the kids, but oh no, our manager would rather just have a week on the training pitch.  He’s still a poor manager in my opinion.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I still can’t decide if I think FDB is going to be a player or if he looks terrible. Strange. 

This seems to be the gist of most comments on his games so far. 

Some people saying he looks a beast and a great prospect, others saying he'll never make a footballer in a million years. My guess, as with most things, would be somewhere in the middle.

He's 19 and has only played a couple of senior games. Inconsistency should be expected.

• Like 2

Just now, Dunkstar said:

This seems to be the gist of most comments on his games so far. 

Some people saying he looks a beast and a great prospect, others saying he'll never make a footballer in a million years. My guess, as with most things, would be somewhere in the middle.

He's 19 and has only played a couple of senior games. Inconsistency should be expected.

Inconsistency requires some good things😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry but for me that starting lune up was not acceptable. Throwing kids under the bus against Premier League opposition.

I tell you now, we would have had a good chance of winning that if we’d just mixed some seniors with the kids, but oh no, our manager would rather just have a week on the training pitch.  He’s still a poor manager in my opinion.

they didn't get thrown under the bus though did they the academy lads did very well tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Nah. Monk's just proven to (most of) them that they're already capable of matching Premier League opposition.

Exactly the kind of experience they need and should hopefully do them the world of good.

• Like 6

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He threw nobody under a bus, gave the youngsters valuable experience. Yeah let’s also risk injuries to our main players. Dear me, one defeat to our second string and a Monk hater appears. Crawl back under your rock.