Fulham -V- Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

Really interesting fixture this.

We can gauge both our performance and progress with the recent game between the teams.

They proved to be a lively attacking team, we’ll have a much better idea if our defensive improvement is really as good as it seems.

Edited by Morepork

I hope we don't put out the reserves. Maybe give one or two of the outstanding players from Rochdale (Kachunga, Dele-Bashiru, Hunt) a game, but we should be trying to win this game. There's an international break coming up soon, so players should be fit. Rest one or two of the most vulnerable ones (e.g. Brown) but basically a strong team. Taking a Premier League scalp, especially a team that put 5 past us a couple of months ago would be worth more than the rest.

I'd pick: Dawson, Iorfa, Lees, Van Aken, Palmer, Dele-Bashiru, Bannan, Hunt, Penney, Windass, Kachunga

• Like 3

Fulham is one of them teams I hate. 

Quite happy to get promoted then get relegated again 

Ie Westbrom and Norwich

They'll play their reserves 

Cus finishing 4th from bottom would be better than a cup run 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Fulham is one of them teams I hate. 

Quite happy to get promoted then get relegated again 

Ie Westbrom and Norwich

They'll play their reserves 

Cus finishing 4th from bottom would be better than a cup run 

I’d have been quite happy for Wednesday to have gone down the get promoted route 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Inc our friendly with Leicester this is our 6th attempt at a clean sheet. The favourites are falling so lets hope Fulham are the next to fall !

Lets hope it doesn't go to penalties because 10pm is Curfew time.

IT'S SEEMS MORE & MORE THAT MORE OF US ARE

UTO & DTB & WAWAW  ! COME ON WEDNESDAY ! 

The match kicks off at 7.00, to make sure we don’t.

Those who played at Rochdale deserve another outing. Whether we progress depends on the team Fulham put out and some good luck. 

Irrespective, it will be valuable experience and minutes in their legs which will benefit us this season. 

We have a tough game at the weekend, our pressing play used this season needs players rested and ready to run and run. That's difficult when also playing midweek and maybe take a potential hit in the cup for the greater good of the league. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I hope we don't put out the reserves. Maybe give one or two of the outstanding players from Rochdale (Kachunga, Dele-Bashiru, Hunt) a game, but we should be trying to win this game. There's an international break coming up soon, so players should be fit. Rest one or two of the most vulnerable ones (e.g. Brown) but basically a strong team. Taking a Premier League scalp, especially a team that put 5 past us a couple of months ago would be worth more than the rest.

I'd pick: Dawson, Iorfa, Lees, Van Aken, Palmer, Dele-Bashiru, Bannan, Hunt, Penney, Windass, Kachunga

I agree. I think momentum is everything at this stage. Let's keep this unbeaten streak going.

Bit of a bonus game this. 

The league cup has served its purpose this season ie given us some pre season style fixtures. There are no crowds so minimal revenue to be made and we won’t win it so it’s just a strain on a thin squad. 

If we lose it won’t be a bad thing as it’s more match fitness for the players who haven’t been involved. If we win then it gives everyone a lift. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1