Fulham -V- Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

FT reflections 

Not a bad night all things considered

Palmer and Börner absolutely abysmal 

Odubajo moves ahead of Penney in the LWB pecking order for me (much as a prefer left footers on the left)

Why the hell are we playing Reach upfront?

Shaw the pick of the young guns. Waldock faded badly after a good start, Brennan much better in second half

Kachunga did. himself no favours either 

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I lose my poo about this club a lot but I'm not going to do it tonight when the young lads that have been gifted a chance have done their best. 

Agree, that's the thing. They went toe to toe with a very good, experienced team and bar a few moments of quality from them and some tired legs towards the end, competed admirably.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

You think tying down our best prospects on long term deals is silly?

Well I don’t think we should rush to make any decisions.

I think Penney looks out of his depth and it’s way too early to make a call on the other two

5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think Waldock was a bit dazed after that head clash

He faded about an hour before that head clash

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry but for me that starting lune up was not acceptable. Throwing kids under the bus against Premier League opposition.

Why can’t fit lads like Bannan, Iorfa, Lees play?

I tell you now, we would have had a good chance of winning that if we’d just mixed some seniors with the kids, but oh no, our manager would rather just have a week on the training pitch.  He’s still a poor manager in my opinion.

Given our priorities this season, I'd rather he have a week on the training pitch than have another cup game to play, too.

We've treated each cup game in the same way: as an opportunity to gain match sharpness and game time for the youngsters / squad players.

And rightly so.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

Inconsistency requires some good things😂

Fair point 😂 

TBH I haven't seen enough of him myself (didn't watch the game tonight) I'm just going on the comments I've seen from people on here.

Kids only just starting his career so I'll not pass judgement on him just yet

• Like 1

I don't mind that really as long as the 11 we rested turn up on Sunday ... It will p*ss me off if they don't put a good show on with over a weeks rest inbetween games.

Some decent performances from the youngsters ... Odubajo MOM for me and now needs to be in the frame for a WB role in the first team ... He's certainly a better option than Penney & Palmer IMO.

Young uns  did Well Impressed by Shaw , Brennan and Dele , Waldock did ok 

Oddabajo had a good game 

Borner and Palmer were shocking 

good experience for the lads 

Reach had a poor second half 

Joey did well 

not unhappy at all after that 

moaners will moan though 

• Like 5

Team put good effort tonight but were undone by pace on the break away. Fulham had 4 quick front guys and only Shaw of back 3 has any pace.  Many of that team will play on Saturdays for Fulham so were facng tough opposition. Lads will have learned a lot.

We had our chances but failed to take them. Think we have promising young players who are not that far away from being Championship players. Few of them gottired in last 15 minutes which is what you would expect. Noticed tonight Dele-Bashiru has some real pace but does not use it as often as he should but certain it will come in due course.

Borner still does not look right to me seems really heavy legged at times. Think we need another central defender I can only see Shaw at moment coming into cover for current 3 and he is very much work in progress. Also think his best talents are in midfield as hard running midfield player.

6 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry but for me that starting lune up was not acceptable. Throwing kids under the bus against Premier League opposition.

Why can’t fit lads like Bannan, Iorfa, Lees play?

I tell you now, we would have had a good chance of winning that if we’d just mixed some seniors with the kids, but oh no, our manager would rather just have a week on the training pitch.  He’s still a poor manager in my opinion.

They've gained valuable experience & didn't capitulate after going 2 down.  If anybody threw them under a bus it was the senior pros like Borner, Palmer & Reach who didn't match the youngsters effort & application.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

They've gained valuable experience & didn't capitulate after going 2 down.  If anybody threw them under a bus it was the senior pros like Borner, Palmer & Reach who didn't match the youngsters effort & application.

Bang on.

The application by those ‘pros’ you mention was appalling.

• Like 1