19 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Hasn’t done me up. I enjoyed watching him and it would have been the right decision for him to leave at the end of his contract but we decided to pay him and leave him out when we were dropping  like a stone and playing an inferior player. 

He's mugged you off and  left you looking really silly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 21/09/2020 at 14:22, Steve Down South said:

Very few, which I think is why we sometimes go a little over the top in rating relatively ordinary players as ‘fantastic’.  Among the better ones for me have been the likes of Sibon, Whelan, Brunt, Bougherra, Tudgay, Antonio, Loovens, Forestieri (15/16) and Hooper.

Leon Clarke? Kenyne Jones? Dave?

On 20/09/2020 at 12:11, Therealrealist said:

Fletcher and fessi hardly struggled to get another club tbf

What Championship Club came in for FF?.....and Fletcher isnt pulling up any tree's at Stoke is he? injured straight away..

On 21/09/2020 at 11:58, WhiteOwl91 said:

Made it clear in an interview his next move wasnt about money, so playing and living in a warm climate like that? Cant fault him. 

Sure hes still on enough to live as well!! 

He could allegedly see the writing on the wall,alleged face saving exercise in my view....putting your 'own' spin on what is a pretty big fall from grace..what I would have done,most would....

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
28 minutes ago, parajack said:

What Championship Club came in for FF?.....and Fletcher isnt pulling up any tree's at Stoke is he? injured straight away..

He could allegedly see the writing on the wall,alleged face saving exercise in my view....putting your 'own' spin on what is a pretty big fall from grace..what I would have done,most would....

You do realise FF has swapped the championship for seria A..??

Hutch and Fessis besties still refusing to accept their heroes mugged them off I see.

2 of the worst players in our history for squad morale and unity, who took millions in wages from the club, and delivered zero.

Disgraces the pair of them.  It's visible how squad unity and morale has improved since they were drummed out of the club.

Probably the most important thing Monk has done since he joined.

Well done DC and Monk. Get that snake Westwood out next please.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Hutch and Fessis besties still refusing to accept their heroes mugged them off I see.

2 of the worst players in our history for squad morale and unity, who took millions in wages from the club, and delivered zero.

Disgraces the pair of them.  It's visible how squad unity and morale has improved since they were drummed out of the club.

Probably the most important thing Monk has done since he joined.

Well done DC and Monk. Get that snake Westwood out next please.

I agree that their time was up but you can't deny the response from the team when hutch and Westwood came in after Jos. 

I don't think we have to remember them as villains. 

I prefer to remember their contributions, which were not insigifcant.

• Like 2

Just now, Beholder said:

I agree that their time was up but you can't deny the response from the team when hutch and Westwood came in after Jos. 

I don't think we have to remember them as villains. 

I prefer to remember their contributions, which were not insigifcant.

Perfectly valid. Each to their own.

I'll always remember them as a huge part of why we are in a worse position than we were when DC took over. Leeches who didn't care about the club when it mattered.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He's mugged you off and  left you looking really silly

26 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we're (quite rightly) encouraging posters not to stoop to Blade-esque nicknames like 'Dunks' etc, we should also avoid going full Wilder by referring to being 'mugged off'.

Let's have some standards.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

He’s pulled up more trees than our new centre half who is yet to make it onto the pitch. 

But no one is commenting on the ability or otherwise of said 'centre half' are they? Where as they are  about FF & Fletcher..not a valid comparison

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

You do realise FF has swapped the championship for seria A..??

So?...he came from serie A didnt he?...Udinese..(originally to the Championship?).He has been a Championship player since,doesnt detract one iota from the point i made,I asked what Championship Club,the league he has been playing in for the last 5 or so Years of his career has tried to sign him? shown an interest?.

Where was the competition,and clamour to sign him? Not one Club to my knowledge(ime not his agent,but these things have a way of being leaked out) in the running for his services,or attempt to keep him a Championship Player.

Free agent & wages only? but no offer? perfectly fair Q to ask,& a reasonable comparison.The fact he has gone back to Udenise is not the issue for me,and doesnt effect my point.

You dont think there is a contradiction? A player if we take the point your making,going to a very technical game in serie A,and wanted by Udinese,but no Championship Club thinking WOW we must get him here,he is 'free'? no storys of Clubs trying,or FF turning down others?

Or are you one of the conspiracy theorists who think its all one big ploy to loan him back to the Championship?

Edited by parajack

This is solely my opinion on Hutchinson. That's it!

I've supported wednesday for just over 25 years. In that time I've known very little to shout about. 

I've seen many players play who frankly did not give a shybo about playing let alone winning and many others who were, let's face it, pretty rubbish.

In Hutchinson we had a player with a winning mentality who took umbridge at losing. He came from pretty good stock and wouldn't have even played for us were it not for the dodgy knees.

It was not his fault we didn't strengthen in the correct areas after the play off final otherwise we would be queuing up to buy his face on a beach towel. Nor for some of the financial irregularities since or some of the questionable purchases since

Everytime I saw him play he gave 100%

Now, I've no idea what went on at christmas. Not a scooby but I personally remember him fondly on the pitch as a player of which I had not seen in a very long time. I wish him well for the future. I don't get the anger shown towards him from some as if he personally knocked one out in their morning coffee

Either way he is part of our past now

• Like 3