52 minutes ago, markowl said:

So he wasn't informed by text message. He was told face to face 36/48 hours after the QPR game...

Screenshot_20200915-104248_Samsung Internet.jpg

So, not really shocking at all then eh?

A reasonable person might expect that Dom would have questioned Hutch on his inconsistent story: text message or face to face?

'Manager tells player face to face in frank and clear discussion that he's no longer wanted' doesn't make for good copy though does it Dom!

• Like 3

Hutch was 'frozen out and hadn't played since Christmas. It must have been a major surprise to him that we weren't going to extend his contract....

Give me a break once he was 'frozen out' it was obvious he wouldn't get an extension. I'm surprised he's surprised.

Nothing to see here. I don't take a view on the rights or wrongs of why he was frozen out. I don't know the facts so I've no way of deciding who is right or wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

All our summer signings wages combined don't add up to Hutches.

We took him in when his career was over, and set him up for life for the privilege.

Along with Westy, destroyed the team ethic and morale of at least to 2 teams. Dickwomble.

Unfortunately I can't disagree.... even though I thought he was a great player and played the game with commitment and aggression, he was obviously a big time Charlie. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomhollywood said:

Says "I am never going to bad mouth Sheffield Wednesday because I had great times there."

Then spends the entire article giving a one sided version of events and looking like he threw his toys out of the pram in my opinion.

AGAIN

He does it every single time

We kept 'Hutch' 'Nando' and 'Westy' around here for far far far far FAR too long 

As anyone who knows what happened at Christmas will tell you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Saw this the other day while sat having my brew at work. I take a lot of these articles with a pinch of salt, but the bit saying Sam found out he wasn't getting his contract renewed via a text message cought my eye. Surely even if there's been a fall out of some kind I'd have hoped we would have been more professional and at least called someone into the office to tell them face to face. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-exit-18527424

HANG ON

In the interest of fairness

Just for everyone reading this thread and seeing the above point being made I'd like to show you what Sam Hutchinson ACTUALLY said about how it happened... 👇

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 11.48.41.jpg

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Fell out with Jos, fell out with GM. All after the club rescued his career. Had to turn his dripping on RS about his struggles off after 5 minutes. Meant to be a senior professional and someone managers should be able to rely on to support, mentor and guide younger players. Think the reason he was binned off was a combination of attitude, wage cost and the risk of further injuries hampering his involvement. To that end, his demise is largely of his own making. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

AGAIN

He does it every single time

We kept 'Hutch' 'Nando' and 'Westy' around here for far far far far FAR too long 

As anyone who knows what happened at Christmas will tell you

Rumours. Nobody knows what happened at Christmas. 

It’s like the people who say Carlos ran a holiday camp. Never ANY evidence to back it up. All just rumours, assumptions and hear say.

• Like 2

Get the feeling he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Probably means well.

You just get the sense it was like some sort of old boys club under Carlos.

Be interesting to see what Bruce would have made of him and a few others had he stuck around a bit longer. 

Edited by SiJ