The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

I loved how in commentary they were spouting off about how most of the pigs wins were by 1-0 last season, and it's been the reverse losing by the same margins this season.

Promptly for them to get tonked 3-0.

They just love breaking records. 

That's gonna take some sorting in the summer.

12 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

I loved how in commentary they were spouting off about how most of the pigs wins were by 1-0 last season, and it's been the reverse losing by the same margins this season.

Promptly for them to get tonked 3-0.

They just love breaking records. 

That's gonna take some sorting in the summer.

Your first sentence is true though. They scored a goal a game last year and finished 9th.  This year they've scored less that a goal a game and are bottom. It's a terrible return to say they must have spent over 50 million on strikers.  

Guest Mcguigan
12 hours ago, scram said:

Fine margins between a massacre and an annihilation

Just a shame Wilder isn't around to own the shitshow he created

I'll never forget earlier in the season when they lost at home to Leeds and Wilder was being interviewed saying how they were the better team, had bossed the game, had the most possession, had the most shots on target, the most attempts and the only thing Leeds had more of were fouls.

At the exact same time Sky displayed the match stats on screen showing completely the opposite. It was almost like they'd done it on purpose.

I'm amazed they have no appointed anyone as of yet.

Surely, you'd want the new man in, working with the squad of players so he can decide who will be part of his plans for next season?

Who to ship out, what areas you need improvement etc. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Surely, you'd want the new man in, working with the squad of players so he can decide who will be part of his plans for next season?

I suspect that Wilder's form and stability over the last 5 years has largely papered over the usual cracks at United's boardroom level. 

Without him, I can see the usual shenanigans returning to centre stage and for the appointment of a new manager to be a prolonged, laughable process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Perhaps they're waiting to see which division they'll be playing in next season.

:ph34r:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I suspect that Wilder's form and stability over the last 5 years has largely papered over the usual cracks at United's boardroom level. 

Without him, I can see the usual shenanigans returning to centre stage and for the appointment of a new manager to be a prolonged, laughable process.

It does seem a bit disjointed with the way they are going about it.

What have they brought Jason Tindall in for? You would expect a new manager to want his own coaching staff so unless they appoint Eddie Howe, which seems highly unlikely, Tindall is probably going to be out of the door. Why bring someone new in to be an assistant to the caretaker manager?  

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It does seem a bit disjointed with the way they are going about it.

What have they brought Jason Tindall in for? You would expect a new manager to want his own coaching staff so unless they appoint Eddie Howe, which seems highly unlikely, Tindall is probably going to be out of the door. Why bring someone new in to be an assistant to the caretaker manager?  

An audition for the role next season, think that he is a school friend of their chief executive....jobs for the boys if he proves himself. Doing fine so far 😊