The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

I’m sure they’ll be ok with the parachute payments and players that are basically ideal for the Championship; no one’s gonna poach any of them 

I’m not sure they’ll get parachute payments.

Kieran Magiure tweeted a while back that they’d already borrowed against next seasons Premier League tv money.

So hard to take real pleasure in this cos of how bad we are. Obviously I'm delighted they're down but robbing me of true joy about it is another thing I'll never forgive our current team and owner for. 

It will provide an interesting snapshot of fans attitudes though. Compare the social media 'bants' from us last night to them on the day we go down. I'd be betting there's more p taking from their side. Us going down is a good season for them. 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

It will provide an interesting snapshot of fans attitudes though. Compare the social media 'bants' from us last night to them on the day we go down. I'd be betting there's more p taking from their side. Us going down is a good season for them. 

I guess that is a bit like asking two opposing sets of supporters after a game who they think the referee's decisions favoured. Both will say the ref favoured the other team whereas usually there will be more or less a fifty:fifty split.

The truth as I see it is both United and Wednesday fans will despise the relegation of their own club and enjoy that of t'other more or less equally. That's just plain old fashioned rivalry.

So difficult to gauge how well they may or may not do when they come down. 

A core of that squad are the same players that came right through from League One, basically now a few extra miles on the clock, and is there the same desire to get back up? 

You'd also have to question if what they have bought since being up, is the right type of player to do it as well. 

You could see whoever comes in wanting to make wholesale changes to the playing personnel and being restricted with what they need to spend to do it. 

They need another Wilder type character that is Blavges through and through - my vote, step forward Captain Morgan or Billeh player/manager.

That would be immense. 

Thanks to Chansiri and to this set of numpties masquerading as footballers, for denying us even the most basic of pleasures. We should all be howling with laughter at the moment, but we all know that we are in no position to do so. It's unthinkable.

The wheels may have come off big time over there, but they still own a Ferrari. We on the other hand are smirking at them from a rusty old Reliant Robin, which won't get through the next MOT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Thanks to Chansiri and to this set of numpties masquerading as footballers, for denying us even the most basic of pleasures. We should all be howling with laughter at the moment, but we all know that we are in no position to do so. It's unthinkable.

The wheels may have come off big time over there, but they still own a Ferrari. We on the other hand are smirking at them from a rusty old Reliant Robin, which won't get through the next MOT.

They own a Ferrari, do they? 

Bo11ocks. 

But yes, it is hard to derive much pleasure seeing as we are likely to be relegated next week. 

Just now, SiJ said:

They own a Ferrari, do they? 

Bo11ocks. 

But yes, it is hard to derive much pleasure seeing as we are likely to be relegated next week. 

Mate, they have parachute payments, combined with a sensible and well managed wage bill, and a core squad who have already shown that they can compete at the top end of the  championship with the right manager.