The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Listened to the Sky interview by the prince and i'll stick my neck on the line here and say how refreshing it was to listen to an owner talking so transparently. A step by step account of events yet refused to slag of Wilder despite everything that's gone off. The complete opposite of the man running our club who never accepts his share of responsibility and lays the blame firmly at the door of the fans, manager, players, media etc. What struck me about the prince was his loyalty which is a rarity in modern football yet it seems Wilder didn't want to tarnish his reputation by having a relegation on his CV

• Love 1

Had to hide some posts about Biggs. Please be careful about what is posted. Don't want the site and posters getting in trouble again do we? Thanks in anticipation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Listened to the Sky interview by the prince and i'll stick my neck on the line here and say how refreshing it was to listen to an owner talking so transparently. A step by step account of events yet refused to slag of Wilder despite everything that's gone off. The complete opposite of the man running our club who never accepts his share of responsibility and lays the blame firmly at the door of the fans, manager, players, media etc. What struck me about the prince was his loyalty which is a rarity in modern football yet it seems Wilder didn't want to tarnish his reputation by having a relegation on his CV

I've been thinking this too, maybe he was too loyal though like you kinda said.

12 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

And as this man says ' The Whole Family are Rats ' lol

image.png.4b482895ff3ce27f029a78fabd42c3bd.png

bartenderaaagoodfellas.gif Why don't you go f*ck yourself, Tommy? 5n8dHO.gif  RepentantCluelessBittern-max-1mb.gif 

2 hours ago, darra said:

Had to hide some posts about Biggs. Please be careful about what is posted. Don't want the site and posters getting in trouble again do we? Thanks in anticipation.

Ah I wondered where the post went from someone who quoted me. I think my post is still up anyway, but I wasn't implying anything, like Biggs said on talkSPORT. I only meant Wilder was round helping Biggs as he fell down the stairs or something and he was eating a Banana while on talkSPORT after.

lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incognito Owl said:

I've been thinking this too, maybe he was too loyal though like you kinda said.

bartenderaaagoodfellas.gif Why don't you go f*ck yourself, Tommy? 5n8dHO.gif  RepentantCluelessBittern-max-1mb.gif 

Ah I wondered where the post went from someone who quoted me. I think my post is still up anyway, but I wasn't implying anything, like Biggs said on talkSPORT. I only meant Wilder was round helping Biggs as he fell down the stairs or something and he was eating a Banana while on talkSPORT after.

lol

And to think that guy that was shot in Goodfellas went on to star in ' The Sopranos ' :tango:

• Thanks 1

Hang on chaps

It's well established among the intelligensia of owlstalk master football operators that if you have the absolute temerity to evaluate cwissy's career and surimse it's not all that then you "clearly know nothing about football"

TL:DR

Don't critique the greatest manager in hisory ever...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, scram said:

Hang on chaps

It's well established among the intelligensia of owlstalk master football operators that if you have the absolute temerity to evaluate cwissy's career and surimse it's not all that then you "clearly know nothing about football"

TL:DR

Don't critique the greatest manager in hisory ever...

It's a bit less black and white than that. He did very well for them to get them from the 3rd to the prem in 3 seasons. Any manager who does that with a team is rightly praised. He did well to get them to where they were pre lockdown. Then it went downhill. So he's not the greatest manager ever but he's also not the worst. He's achieved stuff many managers haven't and he's failed in bigger ways than many managers. Credit and criticism where it's due from me, albeit through gritted teeth for the first bit and tears of laughter for the 2nd.

• Like 1

He's a good manager who has been made out to be a great manager. 

Getting two promotions within three seasons is a very good effort and leading that bunch of cloggers to ninth in the PL should be commended. 

But you can only dine off such things for so long and this season, plus the manner of his departure, may suggest that he isn't  the second coming of Pep Guardiola after all. 

Seems to me he's very much in the Warnock mould of managers, as in a lot of it is down to hard work and pashun, getting a bunch of average players to run through brick walls for you and play above their natural ability for as long as possible. Yes, the 3-5-2 system with overlapping CBs was quite innovative, but he literally had nothing else once teams had worked them out. 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2021 at 09:46, Athelwulf said:

That United didn't use the foreign market was one of the reasons I always cited to Blades mates for their problems.

A club of their size has no chance unless it goes foreign.

But if this is true, and Tufty was offered foreign players and refused them, then he's dead and buried no matter what Piggsy says.

I've heard he was offered Mitrovic, but turned him down and signed Mcburnie instead. 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Spuddy01 said:

I've heard he was offered Mitrovic, but turned him down and signed Mcburnie instead. 

To be fair, Mitrovic's record in the EPL isn't much to shout about and would be on higher wages. 

But if true he was offered Soucek and turned it down, that's massive. He's been a massive hit at WHU.

14 hours ago, darra said:

Well they've got form.#cough Sabella cough#

To be fair maradona was very over rated and £400,000 for a 16 year old was a big risk. And they laugh about cantona 

• Like 1