The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Heard something on radio earlier about Heckingbottom spouting about how he did some good stuff at Leeds, and if they're honest they'll acknowledge that, and it's a shame it was all behind the scenes and nobody else can know it. 

Do people there have to spout absolute poo as a rule of thumb or is it just a happy coincidence? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Heard something on radio earlier about Heckingbottom spouting about how he did some good stuff at Leeds, and if they're honest they'll acknowledge that, and it's a shame it was all behind the scenes and nobody else can know it. 

Do people there have to spout absolute poo as a rule of thumb or is it just a happy coincidence? 

Is he trying to take some sort of credit for their recent promotion and decent first season back in the Prem? lol 

This is a man who went up to Hibs and was an unmitigated disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

The Scottish press are saying that Howe has been offered the job at the Lane and turned it down. Personally I don’t think he’d be a great appointment for Celtic but it seems they’re all in now.

Seems like they're gambling on Howe being the next Rodgers.

I get the thought process, but easy to forget that Rodgers managed Liverpool before taking the Celtic job.

Think that quite often people are quick to discount the size of Celtic and Rangers because of the so-so level of the SPL.

What they forget is that the standards for those two are pretty much as demanding as anywhere. You've got to win every single week and coming second in a two horse race just isn't good enough.

Rodgers was already used to similar levels of expectations when he went to Celtic park and Gerrard was too even though he hadn't managed yet.

• Like 3

I don't think Howe is a good fit for a club as big as Celtic. He's a decent manager and did very well at Bournemouth but expectation was low. At Celtic there is no room for error or finishing second. They're expected to win comfortably every week. I'm suprised they didn't offer the job to Rafa Benitez (unless they did) as I think he would have been ideal for a club like Celtic

• Like 2

Back on topic just read that the pigs are in advanced talks with some bloke called Aleksander Blessin who is currently the manager at some Belgian club who are 4th

Can't say i've ever heard of him

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Price of Football twitter has stuff on UTDs accounts.

£78 million wages.

Average wage £30,000plus a week

Earnt more from 1 season in Prem than the previous 10 years

Plenty of other numbers to look at.

£70m of that was paid to Wilder!

WTF:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Back on topic just read that the pigs are in advanced talks with some bloke called Aleksander Blessin who is currently the manager at some Belgian club who are 4th

Brian Blessed's Brother. :tango:

2 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

The Belgium team are owned by the same people who own Barnsley.

Edited by Sova
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Due to Covid restrictions, he will have to give his first press conference at The Lane with a mask on.

That will be a Blessin in disguise I suppose.

• Haha 2

Saw that about the blessing guy. What are the rules on foreign managers now? I know it’s harder to sign foreign players now we are out of Europe but not sure about managers. Doesn’t seem to have much history before this season?

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Saw that about the blessing guy. What are the rules on foreign managers now? I know it’s harder to sign foreign players now we are out of Europe but not sure about managers. Doesn’t seem to have much history before this season?

hes een als de onze