The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

56 minutes ago, Skyline said:

So the club offered Wilder quite a few players, Soucek being one.

He refused them, and went for his all British, more expensive signings. 

Not surprised the board had enough. 

Not easy peddling a Czech footballer as one of our own though is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Trading places 😆

Thanks, after looking at the proper pictures I kinda remember watching it now.

12 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Personally, I think Baldock is about their best player.  

Thanks, he's the RWB/RB isn't he? How much would he fetch, around 15M?

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

Just watched the Sky Sports interview with the owner. Putting his side across. Always two sides........etc. Link - Here 

What's pretty clear to me is Wilder's ego was well out of control. In the lower leagues he was the man.......different kettle of fish when you hit the big time. 

I was going to post that, I'll post the video on here for anyone though. Ah it doesn't work on here, oh well you can look at the picture instead.lol

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

That United didn't use the foreign market was one of the reasons I always cited to Blades mates for their problems.

A club of their size has no chance unless it goes foreign.

But if this is true, and Tufty was offered foreign players and refused them, then he's dead and buried no matter what Piggsy says.

Just looking here at the foreign players, I'm not counting players that were already playing here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sheffield-united/transfers/verein/350 You have:

20/21 Season

Coulibaly 19 - Age when signed (CM) from Mali, bought for 1.8M? From Sparsborg 08 in Norway. Currently on loan at Beerschot V.A. in Belgium, no appearances yet for Utd.

19/20

Berge 21(CM) from Norway, bought for 21.6M? From KFC Genk in Belgium. We know about him.

Verrips 22 (GK) from the Netherlands, free transfer from KV Mechelen in Belgium. Currently on loan at FC Emmen in the Netherlands. Played 1 FA Cup game for 41 minutes, on the bench for 3 others, on the bench 25 times in the PL and 2 times in the League Cup.     

Zivkovic 23 (ST) from the Netherlands/Serbia, loan from CC Yatai in China. Played 5 PL games from the bench/was on the bench for another 4 and on the bench in 2 FA Cup games. 

Retsos 21 (CB) from Greece, loan from Bayer Leverkusen in Germany. Played 1 game in the FA Cup and was on the bench for 3 PL games.

9 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I was going to post that, I'll post the video on here for anyone though. Ah it doesn't work on here, oh well you can look at the picture instead.lol

Just looking here at the foreign players, I'm not counting players that were already playing here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sheffield-united/transfers/verein/350 You have:

20/21 Season

Coulibaly 19 - Age when signed (CM) from Mali, bought for 1.8M? From Sparsborg 08 in Norway. Currently on loan at Beerschot V.A. in Belgium, no appearances yet for Utd.

19/20

Berge 21(CM) from Norway, bought for 21.6M? From KFC Genk in Belgium. We know about him.

Verrips 22 (GK) from the Netherlands, free transfer from KV Mechelen in Belgium. Currently on loan at FC Emmen in the Netherlands. Played 1 FA Cup game for 41 minutes, on the bench for 3 others, on the bench 25 times in the PL and 2 times in the League Cup.     

Zivkovic 23 (ST) from the Netherlands/Serbia, loan from CC Yatai in China. Played 5 PL games from the bench/was on the bench for another 4 and on the bench in 2 FA Cup games. 

Retsos 21 (CB) from Greece, loan from Bayer Leverkusen in Germany. Played 1 game in the FA Cup and was on the bench for 3 PL games.

Brewsters Millions mate 

24 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

20/21 Season

19/20

Saying that wilder is a xenophobe?

• Haha 1

So if wilder is under an nda wouldn't it work both ways? Prince charmin must be under one as well surely, otherwise he's got a licence to trash him. Unless that's the only way he'd agree to pay him for his failures? Fully expect wilder to take him to court. Maybe that's the prince's plan all along, give him 4 mill, slag him off and get him to spend 4mill on lawyers instead of puffer gillets. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

So if wilder is under an nda wouldn't it work both ways? Prince charmin must be under one as well surely, otherwise he's got a licence to trash him. Unless that's the only way he'd agree to pay him for his failures? Fully expect wilder to take him to court. Maybe that's the prince's plan all along, give him 4 mill, slag him off and get him to spend 4mill on lawyers instead of puffer gillets. 

Hasn't he agreed to pay him for 6 months, or until he gets another job, so maximum payout of £2m?

Bet he can't wait for Sports Direct to open after lockdown.....gilet spendageddon

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Just seen the full segment on Talksport is now on. 

Alan Biggs used the fact that he's apparently got a good reputation with the 50 previous managers in Sheffield to mean he's going to give a balanced and impartial view on his mate Chris Wilder's departure. Hilarious!

Love the face Simon Jordan pulls right at the end when Biggsy is waffling on about cwissy and how’s he never been sacked 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The exposing of Biggs for the spineless simp that he is has been another positive out of this whole thing.

Always had a rather dim of view of him from the Allen days and the ways he's carried on over this just reaffirms it.

He sucks up to certain people within the local footballing community and will pretty much back them no matter how wrong/foolish it makes him look. A sycophantic, kiss arse.

That segment on Tallsport was embarrassing. Without even having to think about it, you could pretty much counter every single point he made.

• Like 5

On 14/09/2020 at 00:56, Big Malc said:

Only because I can’t be arsed to trawl back through 245 pages of suggestions and the new season is upon us already - all your United chat for 2020/21 goes in here.

Will they suffer from 2nd season syndrome?

Will they ever achieve their dream of being everyone’s 2nd favourite club?

Are they just synonymous with number 2’s?

Fire away...

Everyone's favourite second club......

😆

Sheffield United owner Prince Abdullah says the club's former manager Chris Wilder twice offered his resignation

"In December, Stephen [Bettis, Sheffield United CEO] told me that Chris had talked about resigning. I was really worried and I knew that a phone call or a Zoom call would not do the trick, I had to sit with him," the Prince said.

"The problem was, because of Covid, all Saudis were banned from leaving the country. I spent two weeks trying to get permission to leave. As soon as I got that, I flew to London and drove to Sheffield.

I told Chris, if we lose every game until the end of the season, we are not going to fire you. We need you to be our coach. I am not talking about emotion, I just believe you are the best manager to bring us back to the Premier League.

"I told him recruitment could be better and that we could sit down after the season and talk about how we could make it better.

The emails started between his representatives and our financial guy and we were astonished to find he had asked for £4m to resign

"I told him that I am not happy that sometimes after defeats when you talk to the media [and say], 'I can't make cake out of sand' and when he says, 'all I have is Championship players'.

"It does not reflect well on the club image. Those players finished ninth in the table last season, it hurts the club financially.

"I am OK with Chris taking all the credit when we win but at least take some responsibility when we lose. Don't, under the pressure of some losses, say 'everything around me is rubbish'. We were astonished he asked for £4m to resign'

Prince Abdullah added: "Chris explained in a one-hour call why he wanted to resign. He said that he felt the team needed a change, a new voice.

"We were very clear and said we don't want to fire you but if you want to resign, you can, but we will not pay you the same money as if we were firing you.

"The emails started between his representatives and our financial guy 

We said, 'no way are we going to pay you £4m, you are resigning, we are not firing you, why would we have to pay almost one year's salary?'"

'We recruited how Chris wanted - spending over £120m'

Prince Abdullah also revealed his concerns over the recruitment policy at the club, which saw Wilder having a key say in new signings for the Blades.

Rhian Brewster cost the Blades £23.5m but is yet to score in 23 appearances for the club, who have scored just 16 league goals all season.

David McGoldrick is their top scorer with six goals, with Billy Sharp, Oli McBurnie, Oliver Burke and Lys Mousset contributing another five.

"We also talked about the January transfer window just before the Southampton game. I felt good after the meeting and I gave him assurances. I went back to Saudi, I felt good," added Prince Abdullah.

"Then after we lost to [Crystal] Palace at the beginning of January, Stephen called me and told me Chris wanted to resign. I felt it was my mistake because we recruited how Chris wanted, we spent over £120m.

"Liverpool and Tottenham have two forwards, we have six. The new coach may not want six forwards and we spent around £60m on them."

"Our first priority is to get back to the Premier League. All options are open," he said.

"We will make a decision soon but we want to see how the team performs for the last eight or nine games of the season.

"We want a coach who will be involved in recruitment but we have to learn from the mistakes we made before."

Chris Wilder's representatives  declined to comment.

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Watching ramsdale play. He just doesn't look like a GK at all. He looks like a park player. Embarrassing he's u21 keeper. 

Couldn't fathom how he got in the Bournemouth team and how he's pigs and England u21 gk is baffling me, he's absolute tripe. 

When I see the pigs, Baldock, o'Connell (due to not playing and becoming baresi in his absence) Lundstram and McGoldrick are the only players who can have any credit from this season. And Lundstram will be going on a free and McGoldrick is what 35?

• Thanks 1