The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The warmer weather brings them out. Saw a grown man earlier on the school run - tattoos, pig shirt on, with number 7 and "Lunny" printed on the back.

Grown man. 

Player name on his shirt.

"Lunny". 

wtf lol

Was he in pig pink? Also his name might have been Lunn, but being a pig means you have to put a "y" on the end of every name, so it's pronounced "Lunny" in pig talk. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The warmer weather brings them out. Saw a grown man earlier on the school run - tattoos, pig shirt on, with number 7 and "Lunny" printed on the back.

Grown man. 

"Lunny". 

wtf lol

Isn't "Lunny" leaving in the summer on a free?

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Grown man. 

"Lunny". 

wtf lol

Sure it was an L and not  giant C?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, alanharper said:

Grown man. 

"Lunny". 

wtf lol

Could have  been worse he could  have  been shirtless exposing his tubby ways with  dem blades tattoos carrying a can of  carling 😃

• Haha 1

On 27/03/2021 at 22:15, scram said:

Hang on chaps

It's well established among the intelligensia of owlstalk master football operators that if you have the absolute temerity to evaluate cwissy's career and surimse it's not all that then you "clearly know nothing about football"

TL:DR

Don't critique the greatest manager in hisory ever...

Ah. The old adage that you have to be at either end of a polar opinion and there is no in between. Point me to anyone on here who has said he is the greatest manager in history.

Thought you weren't watching professional football matches on principle this season so not sure how you can evaluate  this campaign anyway. 

Is he the greatest manager of all time? Clearly not but then nobody has said that.

Has he failed miserably when given a bigger transfer budget? absolutely.

Did he do a good job to get a team that had failed for 5 seasons in division 3 to 9th place in the Premier League in 4 seasons? I'd say yes, especially when the team included players like Sharp, Fleck, Baldock, Stevens, Basham, none of whom were particularly standing out in the 3rd division. 

Has he looked after him self? It seems so and it is hilarious to look at some of their fans who worship him as always putting the club above himself, his regular personal contract renewals throughout his time highlighted that. However, show me a manager who hasn't.

He has left them somewhat in turmoil as the club wouldn't back him further in the transfer market due to his failures in that respect but they clearly didn't have a plan in place to move forward without him. 

1 hour ago, darra said:

Three key staff have left #sufc - including the man @deanhenderson once told me would help him become the best goalkeeper in the world if they could continue working together. #twitterblades 
https://t.co/iwqE0b9Pia

😆 

Shame he didn't teach Ramsdale how to catch a cross or start diving before the ball hits the net.

Must have assumed that at £18.5m he was already the finished article. 

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, darra said:

Three key staff have left #sufc - including the man @deanhenderson once told me would help him become the best goalkeeper in the world if they could continue working together. #twitterblades 
https://t.co/iwqE0b9Pia

😆 

According to that article “Prestridge was also a member of Wilder’s brains trust at Bramall Lane”.

Wtf?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ah. The old adage that you have to be at either end of a polar opinion and there is no in between. Point me to anyone on here who has said he is the greatest manager in history.

Thought you weren't watching professional football matches on principle this season so not sure how you can evaluate  this campaign anyway. 

Is he the greatest manager of all time? Clearly not but then nobody has said that.

Has he failed miserably when given a bigger transfer budget? absolutely.

Did he do a good job to get a team that had failed for 5 seasons in division 3 to 9th place in the Premier League in 4 seasons? I'd say yes, especially when the team included players like Sharp, Fleck, Baldock, Stevens, Basham, none of whom were particularly standing out in the 3rd division. 

Has he looked after him self? It seems so and it is hilarious to look at some of their fans who worship him as always putting the club above himself, his regular personal contract renewals throughout his time highlighted that. However, show me a manager who hasn't.

He has left them somewhat in turmoil as the club wouldn't back him further in the transfer market due to his failures in that respect but they clearly didn't have a plan in place to move forward without him. 

yeah i think it's fairly obvious i was being facetious and using a bit of poetic licence

You know the hyperbole that fans can drift in to at times

I mean, i've belted out "by far the greatest team" without ever coming close to believing it to be true

Maybe it's because of the locality that he has been highlighted so much on here so rasing much more interest

But 3 managers a season get promoted to the premier - many were going to be the next best thing

Not that many make it stick and go on the be the greats predicted 

We've all seen it time and again and i've been around football for long enough (although clearly knowing nothing about it) to not get carried away - as mutual old pal boothrod demonstrates

When looked at in the round - wilder's premier performance has been one of a comendable season followed by an utterly abject one - comparable to the very worst in premier history - it's not a sin or sign of misunderstanding to call that out.

He clearly cannot deal with failure and projected so much this season - nothing was his fault, the club hadn't backed him, the players let him down etc etc etc

And it seems a lot of drunk his kool aid too

Seeing the emporor wasn't wearing a flesh coloured body suit and was in fact naked isn't weakness

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, scram said:

yeah i think it's fairly obvious i was being facetious and using a bit of poetic licence

You know the hyperbole that fans can drift in to at times

I mean, i've belted out "by far the greatest team" without ever coming close to believing it to be true

Maybe it's because of the locality that he has been highlighted so much on here so rasing much more interest

But 3 managers a season get promoted to the premier - many were going to be the next best thing

Not that many make it stick and go on the be the greats predicted 

We've all seen it time and again and i've been around football for long enough (although clearly knowing nothing about it) to not get carried away - as mutual old pal boothrod demonstrates

When looked at in the round - wilder's premier performance has been one of a comendable season followed by an utterly abject one - comparable to the very worst in premier history - it's not a sin or sign of misunderstanding to call that out.

He clearly cannot deal with failure and projected so much this season - nothing was his fault, the club hadn't backed him, the players let him down etc etc etc

And it seems a lot of drunk his kool aid too

Seeing the emporor wasn't wearing a flesh coloured body suit and was in fact naked isn't weakness

Simply looking at the two Premier League seasons doesn't put his overall performance into context though.

With a few lower league additions he took a squad that had failed 5 times in division 3 to 100 points in his first season, with some more additions, generally spending less than many of the teams at the same level, he then took that squad to 9th place in the Premier League in 3 seasons. A fair few of his regulars in the Premier League in the first season were not making standout strides in division 3 before he took over.

To me that is a significant achievement. The fact it has fallen apart largely due to the significantly increased budget he was afforded being used unsuccessfully is hilarious, as is the fact he has failed to acknowledge his own significant failures in that respect. The discontent between manager and board has been bubbling under the surface for months if not years. They should have sacked him early on this season when they could have appointed someone with a chance of turning results around to some extent. Not doing so suggested they still felt he would probably be the best man to give getting promotion next season a push, but the discontent was clearly too much to continue with and now they are left in a position where nobody wants to take it on for the remainder of the season and have the relegation on their CV and whoever they do end up with will be on an absolute hiding to nothing from the fanbase if they don't hit the ground running.  

33 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Simply looking at the two Premier League seasons doesn't put his overall performance into context though.

With a few lower league additions he took a squad that had failed 5 times in division 3 to 100 points in his first season, with some more additions, generally spending less than many of the teams at the same level, he then took that squad to 9th place in the Premier League in 3 seasons. A fair few of his regulars in the Premier League in the first season were not making standout strides in division 3 before he took over.

To me that is a significant achievement. The fact it has fallen apart largely due to the significantly increased budget he was afforded being used unsuccessfully is hilarious, as is the fact he has failed to acknowledge his own significant failures in that respect. The discontent between manager and board has been bubbling under the surface for months if not years. They should have sacked him early on this season when they could have appointed someone with a chance of turning results around to some extent. Not doing so suggested they still felt he would probably be the best man to give getting promotion next season a push, but the discontent was clearly too much to continue with and now they are left in a position where nobody wants to take it on for the remainder of the season and have the relegation on their CV and whoever they do end up with will be on an absolute hiding to nothing from the fanbase if they don't hit the ground running.  

His aire of superiority was utterly destroyed by the invite into the gents club (Prem Managers) who tore him to shreds like marauding Vultures, they picked every bit of flesh from the bones. Being the new Kid on the block you can allow being debagged once, but his trousers were had down on multiple occasions.  Only Berge was of any value but Wilder couldn't find him a comfortable place in the pack, Still well over valued though.   

• Thanks 1

He believed his own publicity, believed he could do no wrong, it was always someone else's fault

He convinced himself that the idea that he "was one of their own" made him invincible and that he could do and say anything

His first big error was that he threw his lot in with McCabe thinking he would win the court battle, that can't have gone down well with the new owner

he then followed that up with criticising the owner, knowing the majority supporters were on his side and would believe anything he said

In the end it turned out he wasn't bigger than the club after all and he could be replaced, however his replacement is on a hiding to nothing if he loses a few games at the beginning of next season

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, the third man said:

He believed his own publicity, believed he could do no wrong, it was always someone else's fault

He convinced himself that the idea that he "was one of their own" made him invincible and that he could do and say anything

His first big error was that he threw his lot in with McCabe thinking he would win the court battle, that can't have gone down well with the new owner

he then followed that up with criticising the owner, knowing the majority supporters were on his side and would believe anything he said

In the end it turned out he wasn't bigger than the club after all and he could be replaced, however his replacement is on a hiding to nothing if he loses a few games at the beginning of next season

The new manager will have to be 12 points clear after 3 games and playing fantastic football or they will be on his back, should think any British manager will know that so suspect that they will go foreign

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1